    image as a STOP button when the intro music plays?

    --
    Gaffer

    Gaffer, Sep 16, 2005

  2. On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 18:16:04 +0000, Gaffer wrote:

    > Is it possible to embed a sound that will play on start up when a page
    > loads, but play just once per browser session? If not, is it possible use an
    > image as a STOP button when the intro music plays?

    You can embed a player in your page with flash or php or something.
    My new, hand coded and redesigned moonlife-records.com site has had the
    much hated bgsound removed until I learn enough php to do it with user
    controllable buttons, but that will have to wait until after I learn
    javascript! ;)

    --
    Jafar Calley
    Producer - http://moonlife-records.com

    Jafar As-Sadiq Calley, Sep 16, 2005

  3. Gaffer

    middletree Guest

    All music on web pages should be banned, and purveyors of such should have
    their ability to publish web pages taken away for a minimum 1 year for a
    first offense.

    middletree, Sep 16, 2005
  4. Gaffer

    Arne Guest

    Once upon a time *middletree* wrote:
    > All music on web pages should be banned, and purveyors of such should have
    > their ability to publish web pages taken away for a minimum 1 year for a
    > first offense.

    And what should we do with top posters?

    --
    Arne

    Arne, Sep 16, 2005
  5. Don't know. What should we do?

    :-D

    On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 22:51:12 +0200, Arne <> wrote:

    > And what should we do with top posters?

    Just _had_ to.

    Barbara de Zoete, Sep 16, 2005
  6. Gaffer

    Gaffer Guest

    "middletree" <> wrote in message
    > All music on web pages should be banned, and purveyors of such should have
    > their ability to publish web pages taken away for a minimum 1 year for a
    > first offense.
    >

    > "Gaffer" <> wrote in message
    >> Is it possible to embed a sound that will play on start up when a page
    >> loads, but play just once per browser session? If not, is it possible use

    > an
    >> image as a STOP button when the intro music plays?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Gaffer

    Can I create and start and stop button for embedded sound? How?

    --
    Gaffer

    Gaffer, Sep 16, 2005
  7. Gaffer

    middletree Guest

    That's different, because top-posting is right. Bottom-posting is wrong.
    But thanks for playing.

    middletree, Sep 16, 2005
  8. middletree wrote:
    > That's different, because top-posting is right. Bottom-posting is
    > wrong. But thanks for playing.
    >
    >> And what should we do with top posters?

    I can just hear the plonks from all over the planet. You do know that
    Outhouse Distress *does* allow you to press the PageDown key before
    replying, don't you?

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Sep 16, 2005
  9. Gaffer

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, Gaffer quothed:

    > "middletree" <> wrote in message
    > > All music on web pages should be banned, and purveyors of such should have
    > > their ability to publish web pages taken away for a minimum 1 year for a
    > > first offense.
    > >

    > > "Gaffer" <> wrote in message
    > >> Is it possible to embed a sound that will play on start up when a page
    > >> loads, but play just once per browser session? If not, is it possible use

    > > an
    > >> image as a STOP button when the intro music plays?
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Gaffer
    > >>

    > Can I create and start and stop button for embedded sound? How?

    I did that once for bgsound but it sucked. Why not use streams?

    --
    Neredbojias

    Neredbojias, Sep 16, 2005
  10. Gaffer

    Arne Guest

    Once upon a time *middletree* wrote:

    > That's different, because top-posting is right. Bottom-posting is wrong.
    > But thanks for playing.

    Wrong answer!

    >> And what should we do with top posters?

    A: *PLONK*

    --
    /Arne
    Now killing all posts originating at GoogleGroups

    Arne, Sep 16, 2005
  11. Gaffer

    the idiot Guest

    > That's different, because top-posting is right. Bottom-posting is wrong.
    > But thanks for playing.

    how do you read a book?

    the idiot, Sep 17, 2005
  12. On Fri, 16 Sep 2005, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote, quoting someone:

    > > > And what should we do with top posters?

    > I can just hear the plonks from all over the planet. You do know that Outhouse
    > Distress *does* allow you to press the PageDown key before replying, don't
    > you?

    More to the point: it puts the cursor at the top because that's the right
    place to start snipping irrelevant quotage, leaving only the relevant
    context before starting to post.

    Alan J. Flavell, Sep 17, 2005
  13. the idiot wrote:

    > "middletree" <> wrote in message
    >> That's different, because top-posting is right. Bottom-posting is wrong.
    >> But thanks for playing.
    >>

    > how do you read a book?

    He probably follows along with his finger.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 17, 2005
  14. the idiot wrote:
    > "middletree" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> That's different, because top-posting is right. Bottom-posting is
    >> wrong. But thanks for playing.

    > how do you read a book?

    open the front cover and begin reading there?
    the back cover and end up at the front or do you
    chapter one or do you start somewhere near
    When reading a book, do you start at

    <g>

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Sep 17, 2005
  15. Gaffer

    code_wrong Guest

    "Gaffer" <> wrote in message

    > "middletree" <> wrote in message
    >> All music on web pages should be banned, and purveyors of such should
    >> have
    >> their ability to publish web pages taken away for a minimum 1 year for a
    >> first offense.
    >>

    >> "Gaffer" <> wrote in message
    >>> Is it possible to embed a sound that will play on start up when a page
    >>> loads, but play just once per browser session? If not, is it possible
    >>> use

    >> an
    >>> image as a STOP button when the intro music plays?
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Gaffer
    >>>

    > Can I create and start and stop button for embedded sound? How?

    Try this:
    <embed src="SomeTune.mid" width="140" height="40" autostart="false"
    loop="TRUE">
    </embed>

    code_wrong, Sep 17, 2005
  16. Gaffer

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Using a pointed stick and pebbles, Beauregard T. Shagnasty scraped:

    > open the front cover and begin reading there?
    > the back cover and end up at the front or do you
    > chapter one or do you start somewhere near
    > When reading a book, do you start at

    That by meant you what understand to moments sleepy of couple a me took!

    --
    Dylan Parry

    Every time you top-post, God kills a kitten. http://tinyurl.com/8bn6m

    Dylan Parry, Sep 17, 2005
  17. Dylan Parry wrote:
    > Using a pointed stick and pebbles, Beauregard T. Shagnasty scraped:
    >
    >> open the front cover and begin reading there?
    >> the back cover and end up at the front or do you
    >> chapter one or do you start somewhere near
    >> When reading a book, do you start at

    > That by meant you what understand to moments sleepy of couple a me took!

    <lol> Dylan, you should be in bed at this hour...

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Sep 17, 2005
  18. Gaffer

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Using a pointed stick and pebbles, Beauregard T. Shagnasty scraped:

    > <lol> Dylan, you should be in bed at this hour...

    Yes. Yes I should. Alas the call of online gaming can be strong sometimes ;)

    Dylan Parry, Sep 17, 2005
  19. On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 16:41:27 -0500, middletree wrote:

    > That's different, because top-posting is right. Bottom-posting is wrong.
    > But thanks for playing.
    >

    >> And what should we do with top posters?

    Weird. you answered the question before he asked it! ;)
    You do know that the standard was posting replies at the bottom before a
    bug(still unfixed) in Outlook introduced the scourge of top-posting?

    Jafar As-Sadiq Calley, Sep 17, 2005