start-up music

Gaffer

Is it possible to embed a sound that will play on start up when a page
loads, but play just once per browser session? If not, is it possible use an
image as a STOP button when the intro music plays?

Jafar As-Sadiq Calley

Is it possible to embed a sound that will play on start up when a page
loads, but play just once per browser session? If not, is it possible use an
image as a STOP button when the intro music plays?

You can embed a player in your page with flash or php or something.
My new, hand coded and redesigned moonlife-records.com site has had the
much hated bgsound removed until I learn enough php to do it with user
controllable buttons, but that will have to wait until after I learn
javascript! ;)

middletree

All music on web pages should be banned, and purveyors of such should have
their ability to publish web pages taken away for a minimum 1 year for a
first offense.

Arne

Once said:
All music on web pages should be banned, and purveyors of such should have
their ability to publish web pages taken away for a minimum 1 year for a
first offense.

And what should we do with top posters?

Barbara de Zoete

Gaffer

Gaffer said:
Is it possible to embed a sound that will play on start up when a page
loads, but play just once per browser session? If not, is it possible use an
image as a STOP button when the intro music plays?

Can I create and start and stop button for embedded sound? How?

middletree

That's different, because top-posting is right. Bottom-posting is wrong.
But thanks for playing.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

middletree said:
That's different, because top-posting is right. Bottom-posting is
wrong. But thanks for playing.

I can just hear the plonks from all over the planet. You do know that
Outhouse Distress *does* allow you to press the PageDown key before
replying, don't you?

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Gaffer quothed:
middletree said:
All music on web pages should be banned, and purveyors of such should have
their ability to publish web pages taken away for a minimum 1 year for a
first offense.

Can I create and start and stop button for embedded sound? How?

I did that once for bgsound but it sucked. Why not use streams?

Alan J. Flavell

I can just hear the plonks from all over the planet. You do know that Outhouse
Distress *does* allow you to press the PageDown key before replying, don't
you?

More to the point: it puts the cursor at the top because that's the right
place to start snipping irrelevant quotage, leaving only the relevant
context before starting to post.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

the said:
how do you read a book?

open the front cover and begin reading there?
the back cover and end up at the front or do you
chapter one or do you start somewhere near
When reading a book, do you start at

<g>

code_wrong

Gaffer said:
middletree said:
All music on web pages should be banned, and purveyors of such should
have
their ability to publish web pages taken away for a minimum 1 year for a
first offense.

Can I create and start and stop button for embedded sound? How?

Try this:
<embed src="SomeTune.mid" width="140" height="40" autostart="false"
loop="TRUE">
</embed>

Dylan Parry

Using a pointed stick and pebbles, Beauregard T. Shagnasty scraped:
open the front cover and begin reading there?
the back cover and end up at the front or do you
chapter one or do you start somewhere near
When reading a book, do you start at

That by meant you what understand to moments sleepy of couple a me took!

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Dylan said:
Using a pointed stick and pebbles, Beauregard T. Shagnasty scraped:

That by meant you what understand to moments sleepy of couple a me took!

<lol> Dylan, you should be in bed at this hour...

Dylan Parry

Using a pointed stick and pebbles, Beauregard T. Shagnasty scraped:
<lol> Dylan, you should be in bed at this hour...

Yes. Yes I should. Alas the call of online gaming can be strong sometimes ;)

Jafar As-Sadiq Calley

That's different, because top-posting is right. Bottom-posting is wrong.
But thanks for playing.

Weird. you answered the question before he asked it! ;)
You do know that the standard was posting replies at the bottom before a
bug(still unfixed) in Outlook introduced the scourge of top-posting?