Started Process Hangs

JTF

Whenever I start an application from ASP.NET, the exe hangs, with Task
manager showing no cpu time.

Every exe I've tried hangs in the same way (notepad, cmd, ms access).
What runs is a .net exe and a .bat file, but the program they start hangs!

Same results with system.diagnostics.process and shell.

I really need help on this one... Thanks

Steve C. Orr, MCSD

System.Diagnostics.Process should work for command line apps.
Apps that display UI will generally not work, because ASP.NET does not have
a desktop to run under.

To give it access to a desktop, thereby allowing most apps to run, try this:
Go into control panel, administrative tools, services.
Find all the WWW related services and, in their properties, check the
checkbox that says "Allow Service to Interact with Desktop"

Also, make sure the ASPNET user account has the necessary permissions to the
program's folder and any other folders that that program uses.

JTF

No luck. I changed IISADmin only. This was the only WWW related service I
saw. I expected to see aspnet_wp, but did not. Did I miss something?

Thanks for your help,
John FInley

Steve C. Orr, MCSD

You should find another related service or two down near the bottom.
They should have names like "World Wid Web Publishing" and maybe "WebClient"