    Well, I decided it was finally time to jump towards the .NET areas of development. I have experience in php and asp, but nothing in .NET. Any suggestions on ways to go about learning ASP.NET? Any recommendations on the code language behind it? I've looked at both the VB and the C#, and neither seems too terribly different from stuff I already know (asp and straight C respectively)

    Any input welcome. Thanks
    - T

    =?Utf-8?B?VGVyb3M=?=, Jun 7, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?VGVyb3M=?=

    Mike Guest

    you can goto www.asp.net and www.gotdotnet.com

    they both have some good information on .NET

    Mike, Jun 7, 2004

  3. =?Utf-8?B?VGVyb3M=?=

    David Wier Guest

    Best reference book on the market:
    ASP.Net Unleashed

    Also - check out:
    http://aspnet101.com

    Personally, I prefer VB.Net over C#, but as most will tell you, that's a
    personal preference - not a fact - if you're more comfortable with VB or
    VBScript - then, maybe VB.Net will be your baby too...if you're really happy
    with C++ and/or Javascript - - probably C# would be the way to go....

    David Wier
    MCP, MVP ASP.NET, ASPInsider
    http://aspnet101.com
    http://aspexpress.com