Starting out in ASP.NET

Guest

Ello Folks..

Well, I decided it was finally time to jump towards the .NET areas of development. I have experience in php and asp, but nothing in .NET. Any suggestions on ways to go about learning ASP.NET? Any recommendations on the code language behind it? I've looked at both the VB and the C#, and neither seems too terribly different from stuff I already know (asp and straight C respectively)

Any input welcome. Thanks
- T

Mike

you can goto www.asp.net and www.gotdotnet.com

they both have some good information on .NET

Teros said:
Ello Folks...

Well, I decided it was finally time to jump towards the .NET areas of
development. I have experience in php and asp, but nothing in .NET. Any
suggestions on ways to go about learning ASP.NET? Any recommendations on
the code language behind it? I've looked at both the VB and the C#, and
neither seems too terribly different from stuff I already know (asp and
straight C respectively).

David Wier

Best reference book on the market:
ASP.Net Unleashed

Also - check out:
http://aspnet101.com

Personally, I prefer VB.Net over C#, but as most will tell you, that's a
personal preference - not a fact - if you're more comfortable with VB or
VBScript - then, maybe VB.Net will be your baby too...if you're really happy
with C++ and/or Javascript - - probably C# would be the way to go....

David Wier
MCP, MVP ASP.NET, ASPInsider
http://aspnet101.com
http://aspexpress.com