Startup application

garsoft44

Hello

I want run java application via web start and after installation on
windows I want startup it automatically after every system reboot. Any
Ideas?

Pit

Manish Pandit

Hello

I want run java application via web start and after installation on
windows I want startup it automatically after every system reboot. Any
Ideas?

Pit

Start->Programs->Startup->Rightclick and then click explore. In that
window, create a new shortcut for the java app (you might want to
create a batch file).

-cheers,
Manish

Roedy Green

I want run java application via web start and after installation on
windows I want startup it automatically after every system reboot. Any
Ideas?

to implement a Java Web Start app, you can get started with
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/javawebstart.html.

To make it autostart depends on the OS. If you have an association of
the *.jnlp extension to javaws.exe likely all you must do in put a
shortcut to the JNLP file in your startup directory.

See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/autorun.html

There are a number of autorun mechanisms you can use.

Andrew Thompson

Manish said:
On Oct 24, 1:14 pm, (e-mail address removed) wrote: ...
Start->Programs->Startup->Rightclick and then click explore. In that
window, create a new shortcut for the java app (you might want to
create a batch file).

If you can make that (or suitable variants) work from Java,
just call the Java as a JNLP installer-desc* to have it invoked
on installation.

* <http://www.physci.org/jws/#eis>

--
Andrew Thompson