    further to the right, specifically between two vertical indentations ...

    Best regards
    Loane

    Loane Sharp, Oct 18, 2004

  2. "Loane Sharp" <> skrev i melding
    news:cl0nar$ma1$...
    > Hi there
    >
    > Apart from Javascript's "window.status=' '", is there any way to place a
    > message in the browser status bar?

    No.

    > I'm trying to position the message
    > further to the right, specifically between two vertical indentations ...

    You'd have to open a new window without a status bar and construct your own
    from scratch to make something like that happen.

    Also, you should be aware that not all browsers have JavaScript enabled or
    even support JavaScript.

    --
    Kim André Akerø
    -

    Kim André Akerø, Oct 18, 2004

  3. While the city slept, Loane Sharp () feverishly
    typed...

    > Hi there
    >
    > Apart from Javascript's "window.status=' '", is there any way to
    > place a message in the browser status bar? I'm trying to position the
    > message further to the right, specifically between two vertical
    > indentations ...

    No. And please don't do that. The status bar is there to report - would you
    believe it - status messages, and not your k3wl announcements. Leave your
    content where it belongs - in the browser's canvas - and let the application
    do what it wants with its own areas.

    Cheers,
    Nige

    --
    Nigel Moss
    http://www.nigenet.org.uk

    nice.guy.nige, Oct 18, 2004
  4. Loane Sharp

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html Loane Sharp said:

    > Apart from Javascript's "window.status=' '", is there any way to place a
    > message in the browser status bar?

    the stat bar is for the visitors use not yours. thankfully modern
    browsers prevent the author screwing around with it.

    put it on the page, thats your area, let everything else look after
    itself.

    --

    v o i c e s

    brucie, Oct 18, 2004