status bar message in browser window

Loane Sharp

Hi there

Apart from Javascript's "window.status=' '", is there any way to place a
message in the browser status bar? I'm trying to position the message
further to the right, specifically between two vertical indentations ...

Best regards
Loane

Kim André Akerø

Loane Sharp said:
Hi there

Apart from Javascript's "window.status=' '", is there any way to place a
message in the browser status bar?
No.

I'm trying to position the message
further to the right, specifically between two vertical indentations ...

You'd have to open a new window without a status bar and construct your own
from scratch to make something like that happen.

Also, you should be aware that not all browsers have JavaScript enabled or
even support JavaScript.

nice.guy.nige

While the city slept, Loane Sharp ([email protected]) feverishly
typed...
Hi there

Apart from Javascript's "window.status=' '", is there any way to
place a message in the browser status bar? I'm trying to position the
message further to the right, specifically between two vertical
indentations ...

No. And please don't do that. The status bar is there to report - would you
believe it - status messages, and not your k3wl announcements. Leave your
content where it belongs - in the browser's canvas - and let the application
do what it wants with its own areas.

Cheers,
Nige

brucie

In alt.html Loane Sharp said:
Apart from Javascript's "window.status=' '", is there any way to place a
message in the browser status bar?

the stat bar is for the visitors use not yours. thankfully modern
browsers prevent the author screwing around with it.

put it on the page, thats your area, let everything else look after
itself.