The Status Bar Change

jturner5569

Hope that someone can help with this minor problem.

Please note that my experiments with the language is only for learning not
to annoy!

Will someone please explain what is causing this event not to work:

onMouseOver="window.status='My last project'; return true;"
onMouseOut="window.status=' '; return true;">
Events</a>

I get no status in the status-bar of ie 8. window 2003 2.8 gz intel 1.5 GB
RAM

Thanks

(e-mail address removed)

Stevo

jturner5569 said:
Hope that someone can help with this minor problem.

Please note that my experiments with the language is only for learning not
to annoy!

Will someone please explain what is causing this event not to work:

onMouseOver="window.status='My last project'; return true;"
onMouseOut="window.status=' '; return true;">
Events</a>

I get no status in the status-bar of ie 8. window 2003 2.8 gz intel 1.5 GB
RAM

Changing the status bar is not supported in IE7, IE8 and FF3. I suspect
that by now Google Chrome 2 and Safari 4 have most likely followed suit.
If you want to see status bar changes like that then you have to find it
in the IE8 menus and enable it yourself. By default though, it's disabled.

Evertjan.

Stevo wrote on 24 jun 2009 in comp.lang.javascript:
Changing the status bar is not supported in IE7, IE8 and FF3. I
suspect that by now Google Chrome 2 and Safari 4 have most likely
followed suit. If you want to see status bar changes like that then
you have to find it in the IE8 menus and enable it yourself. By
default though, it's disabled.
; return true;">

And there is no reason to return anything with the onmouse programme
strings. It won't be used anyway.

[onclick is another matter.]