    effect.

    Is there a better way to hide/encrypt this, without to removing status bar.
    ?

    Atz, Jul 16, 2003

  2. Atz wrote:

    > onmouseover="window.status='Hide'; return true"> send link </a>

    Thank goodness Mozilla lets me turn off window.status.

    > I use this for hidding link path in status bar.

    Why? What possible benefit can there be to hiding the destination of links?
    Aside from really annoying people who want to find out where they are going
    before they click?

    --
    David Dorward http://david.us-lot.org/

    David Dorward, Jul 16, 2003

  3. I agree with David, some people do like to know where they are going before
    they click a link which is why I never attempt to hide URL's.

    Anyway anyone how knows anything about websites could quiet easily view the
    source to your page and view the links in pure form anyway.

    If you had some form of content which you needed to protect from bandwidth
    theft or some other legitimate reason then you need to see about using some
    form of script under php which supplied the files e.g.

    www.yourdomain.com/download.php?filename.ext

    Once you had a script of this sort you would simple change the variable
    supplied to the script depending on which file needed supplying to the user.

    HTH,

    Paul Woodward

    ==

    Paul Woodward, Jul 16, 2003
  4. Atz

    Atz Guest

    Im using frames , and on the left side are links.
    Each link loads middle frame and from there u are relocated to your section
    (all on one page... )

    I want to hide extension and variables that are passed to this middle frame.

    I can encrypt values but i can't encript value name and page extension....
    Thefore i want to hide or compleatly encrypt < a href > link..

    Thanx in advance ...

    Atz, Jul 16, 2003
  5. "Atz" <> writes:

    > Im using frames , and on the left side are links.
    > Each link loads middle frame and from there u are relocated to your section
    > (all on one page... )
    >
    > I want to hide extension and variables that are passed to this middle frame.

    Why? When you know that the information is in the web page, and any
    determined user can see it with "view source", why would you want to
    hide it? Is it purely about aesthetics?

    /L
    --
    Lasse Reichstein Nielsen -