NEW WAY TO HIDE STATUS BAR MESSAGE ?

Atz

onmouseover="window.status='Hide'; return true"> send link </a>

I use this for hidding link path in status bar.
This is working fine but if u click "fast" many times on same link you can
easy read path link and variables. I try to change timeout time but no
effect.

Is there a better way to hide/encrypt this, without to removing status bar.
?

David Dorward

Atz said:
onmouseover="window.status='Hide'; return true"> send link </a>

Thank goodness Mozilla lets me turn off window.status.
I use this for hidding link path in status bar.

Why? What possible benefit can there be to hiding the destination of links?
Aside from really annoying people who want to find out where they are going
before they click?

Paul Woodward

I agree with David, some people do like to know where they are going before
they click a link which is why I never attempt to hide URL's.

Anyway anyone how knows anything about websites could quiet easily view the
source to your page and view the links in pure form anyway.

If you had some form of content which you needed to protect from bandwidth
theft or some other legitimate reason then you need to see about using some
form of script under php which supplied the files e.g.

www.yourdomain.com/download.php?filename.ext

Once you had a script of this sort you would simple change the variable
supplied to the script depending on which file needed supplying to the user.

HTH,

Paul Woodward

==

Atz

Im using frames , and on the left side are links.
Each link loads middle frame and from there u are relocated to your section
(all on one page... )

I want to hide extension and variables that are passed to this middle frame.

I can encrypt values but i can't encript value name and page extension....
Thefore i want to hide or compleatly encrypt < a href > link..

Thanx in advance ...

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen

Atz said:
Im using frames , and on the left side are links.
Each link loads middle frame and from there u are relocated to your section
(all on one page... )

I want to hide extension and variables that are passed to this middle frame.

Why? When you know that the information is in the web page, and any
determined user can see it with "view source", why would you want to
hide it? Is it purely about aesthetics?

/L