Status of Chaco?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Tim Lesher, Apr 4, 2005.

  1. Tim Lesher

    Tim Lesher Guest

    I recently had reason to look up Chaco again, but after searching the
    SciPy and Enthought websites, I see it seems to have gone missing.

    Looking over c.l.p, I can find only one quasi-recent message from Eric
    about at, from almost a year ago:

    > Chaco has moved to a new package. We hope to have it released within
    > the next few weeks.

    Is Chaco dead? Or just pining?

    --
    Tim Lesher
    <>

    Tim Lesher, Apr 4, 2005

  2. Tim Lesher

    Robert Kern Guest

    Tim Lesher wrote:
    > I recently had reason to look up Chaco again, but after searching the
    > SciPy and Enthought websites, I see it seems to have gone missing.
    >
    > Looking over c.l.p, I can find only one quasi-recent message from Eric
    > about at, from almost a year ago:
    >

    >>Chaco has moved to a new package. We hope to have it released within
    >>the next few weeks.

    > Is Chaco dead? Or just pining?

    It is in active development in-house. If you are on Windows, you can get
    the test release of Enthon, which has the latest Chaco.

    http://www.enthought.com/downloads/downloads.htm

    There is an SVN server with anonymous read-access. You can ask Eric
    Jones for the address.

    --
    Robert Kern

    -- Richard Harter