    Anyone know recent news on the status of paramiko?

    Thanks,
    -Bryan
    Bryan, Apr 15, 2012

  2. Bryan

    Matej Cepl Guest

    On 15.4.2012 15:42, Bryan wrote:
    > Paramiko is a Python library for SSH (Secure Shell). Over about the
    > last year, I've grown dependent upon it. Its home page is still easy
    > to search up, but the links to its mailing list and repository don't
    > work.
    >
    > Paramiko depends on PyCrypto, and not so long ago that dependency was
    > the stated reason why paramiko did not yet play with Python 3. Even
    > more recently, PyCrypto has gone green on the Python 3 Wall of Shame.

    Well, if anybody ports paramiko to use some reasonable SSL bindings
    (i.e., m2crypto, python-nss) then I will buy him a cup of tea, coffee or
    other beverage of his choice ;).

    Matěj
    Matej Cepl, Apr 16, 2012

  3. Bryan

    Richard Shea Guest

    On Apr 16, 1:42 am, Bryan <> wrote:
    > Paramiko is a Python library for SSH (Secure Shell). Over about the
    > last year, I've grown dependent upon it. Its home page is still easy
    > to search up, but the links to its mailing list and repository don't
    > work.
    >
    > Paramiko depends on PyCrypto, and not so long ago that dependency was
    > the stated reason why paramiko did not yet play with Python 3. Even
    > more recently, PyCrypto has gone green on the Python 3 Wall of Shame.
    >
    > Anyone know recent news on the status of paramiko?

    You may have already tried this but on the web page ( http://www.lag.net/jaramiko/
    )for Jaramiko, the Java port of Paramiko, there's an email address for
    the author - maybe you could try that ? The email address quoted is :
    robey at lag.net .

    What's a bit odd is that, as you mentioned, the repository is
    mentioned as being at : http://github.com/robey/paramiko/ but comes up
    404. However the user robey (robeypointer at gmail.com) is still on
    GitHub (and has been there since 2008) but there's no mention of
    anything related to Paramiko on his page.

    If you do find anything maybe you could update this thread as I'm just
    about to start using the library and I'd like to know a little more
    about where it might be going in future.

    regards

    Richard.
    Richard Shea, Apr 19, 2012
  4. Bryan

    Richard Shea Guest

    On Apr 19, 8:28 pm, Richard Shea <> wrote:
    > On Apr 16, 1:42 am, Bryan <> wrote:>Paramiko is a Python library for SSH (Secure Shell). Over about the
    > > last year, I've grown dependent upon it. Its home page is still easy
    > > to search up, but the links to its mailing list and repository don't
    > > work.

    > > Paramiko depends on PyCrypto, and not so long ago that dependency was
    > > the stated reason why paramiko did not yet play with Python 3. Even
    > > more recently, PyCrypto has gone green on the Python 3 Wall of Shame.

    > > Anyone know recent news on the status of paramiko?

    > You may have already tried this but on the web page (http://www.lag.net/jaramiko/
    > )for Jaramiko, the Java port of Paramiko, there's an email address for
    > the author - maybe you could try that ? The email address quoted is :
    > robey at lag.net .
    >
    > What's a bit odd is that, as you mentioned, the repository is
    > mentioned as being at :http://github.com/robey/paramiko/but comes up
    > 404. However the user robey (robeypointer at gmail.com) is still on
    > GitHub (and has been there since 2008) but there's no mention of
    > anything related to Paramiko on his page.
    >
    > If you do find anything maybe you could update this thread as I'm just
    > about to start using the library and I'd like to know a little more
    > about where it might be going in future.
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Richard.

    Just another data point . I've just taken a look at the bundled
    documention of the 1.7.7.1 release and in there the robeypointer @
    gmail.com is cited as being the contact point for the developer .

    regards

    Richard.
    Richard Shea, Apr 19, 2012