Stepping into my web service

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by pbd22, Aug 30, 2009.

  1. pbd22

    pbd22 Guest

    Hi.

    I keep getting a timeout exception when attempting to step into my web
    service methods.

    I have tried Service Trace Viewer and am seeing the following
    exception message there:

    <ExceptionString>System.ServiceModel.FaultException: The message with
    To 'http://localhost:8731/Design_Time_Addresses/Trade/mex/mex' cannot
    be processed at the receiver, due to an AddressFilter mismatch at the
    EndpointDispatcher. Check that the sender and receiver's
    EndpointAddresses agree.</ExceptionString>

    I notice that, in the exception, it is talking about a metadata
    endpoint with mex/mex at the end and am wondering if this could be
    causing the problem? I have checked my Web.config and do not see mex/
    mex but only 'http://localhost:8731/Design_Time_Addresses/Trade.

    Any thoughts out there on what might be causing the problem (and what
    I need to do to resolve it)?

    Thanks in advance.
    pbd22, Aug 30, 2009

  2. pbd22

    pbd22 Guest

    One more thing...

    I am able to successfully invoke my method using the WCF Test Client
    but the same method hangs and fails when invoked when I run my web
    (this is a web project) application.
    pbd22, Aug 30, 2009