STLPort 4.5.3 compiled with Comeau 4.3.0.1 on Windows?

Discussion in 'C++' started by Icosahedron, Aug 18, 2003.

  1. Icosahedron

    Icosahedron Guest

    I'm sure it's been done. I'm sure that I'm an idiot for
    even asking the question, but has anyone been successful in
    getting Comeau 4.3.0.1 to compile STLPort, or even use
    STLPort in a program (using the MSVC7 backend, I should
    state)?

    There doesn't seem to be any out of the box support for
    Comeau on Win32/MSVC7 in STLPort, but that's okay, I would
    think, as it does create libraries for MSVC7.

    Trying to compile first my app that uses Spirit (which
    inspired my purchase of Comeau to begin with), I gave up and
    started at ground zero, a simple hello world program:

    #include <iostream>

    int main(void)
    {
    std::cout << "Hello, world\n";
    }

    and I can't seem to get it to work. I'm sure it's me. I am
    using STLPort because I've used it now for a year and I
    really like it, and I don't think I should have to switch
    libraries. Everyone seems to think Comeau is great, and I
    have no reason to doubt it. If you have been able to get
    the above snippet of code to compile, please respond as I'd
    love to see your configuration. I'm pulling my hair out.

    I won't lengthen and bore you with the details at this
    point, though I can if someone responds in the affirmative. I
    just want some confirmation that it can be, and has been,
    done.

    Jay

    P.S. There are no Comeau or STLPort specific newsgroups wherein
    to post this, and there are no answers on Google.
    Icosahedron, Aug 18, 2003

  2. Icosahedron

    Attila Feher Guest

    Icosahedron wrote:
    [SNIP]
    > P.S. There are no Comeau or STLPort specific newsgroups wherein
    > to post this, and there are no answers on Google.

    But there is Greg Comeau who (I believe) is happy to help. As soon as you
    describe you problem.

    Attila Feher, Aug 18, 2003

  3. "Icosahedron" <> wrote in message
    > I'm sure it's been done. I'm sure that I'm an idiot for
    > even asking the question, but has anyone been successful in
    > getting Comeau 4.3.0.1 to compile STLPort, or even use
    > STLPort in a program (using the MSVC7 backend, I should
    > state)?
    >
    > There doesn't seem to be any out of the box support for
    > Comeau on Win32/MSVC7 in STLPort, but that's okay, I would
    > think, as it does create libraries for MSVC7.
    >
    > Trying to compile first my app that uses Spirit (which
    > inspired my purchase of Comeau to begin with), I gave up and
    > started at ground zero, a simple hello world program:
    >
    > #include <iostream>
    >
    > int main(void)

    I believe that the "int main(void)" is causing problems.
    Instead, try either of the following two options
    int main()
    int main(int argc, char* argv[])

    Klaus Eichner, Aug 18, 2003
  4. Icosahedron

    Raoul Gough Guest

    Re: STLPort 4.5.3 compiled with Comeau 4.3.0.1 on Windows? [OT]

    "Icosahedron" <> writes:

    > P.S. There are no Comeau or STLPort specific newsgroups wherein
    > to post this, and there are no answers on Google.

    Actually, there are mailing lists that should be able to help you. Try
    http://www.stlport.org/cgi-bin/forum/dcboard.cgi where you probably
    want the "Setup" forum. Oh, wait a minute - you've already posted
    there... Good luck.

    --
    Raoul Gough
    "Let there be one measure for wine throughout our kingdom, and one
    Raoul Gough, Aug 18, 2003
  5. Icosahedron

    tom_usenet Guest

    On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 13:03:41 +0100, "Klaus Eichner"
    <> wrote:

    >"Icosahedron" <> wrote in message
    >> I'm sure it's been done. I'm sure that I'm an idiot for
    >> even asking the question, but has anyone been successful in
    >> getting Comeau 4.3.0.1 to compile STLPort, or even use
    >> STLPort in a program (using the MSVC7 backend, I should
    >> state)?
    >>
    >> There doesn't seem to be any out of the box support for
    >> Comeau on Win32/MSVC7 in STLPort, but that's okay, I would
    >> think, as it does create libraries for MSVC7.
    >>
    >> Trying to compile first my app that uses Spirit (which
    >> inspired my purchase of Comeau to begin with), I gave up and
    >> started at ground zero, a simple hello world program:
    >>
    >> #include <iostream>
    >>
    >> int main(void)

    >I believe that the "int main(void)" is causing problems.
    >Instead, try either of the following two options
    >int main()
    >int main(int argc, char* argv[])

    In C++,
    int main(void)