    Bola Guest

    Is anyone know how I can store Word Docs and PDF's in database, and how I
    can make link for visitor to download these files
    Bola, Oct 9, 2003

  2. Bola

    Ray at Guest

    1. I personally would not store the files in the database. I would instead
    save the files on the server and then store the paths in the database.
    2. For downloading, just put a link. Or, you can stream the file back
    using http://www.aspfaq.com/2161.
    3. Also see here: http://www.aspfaq.com/5004

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Oct 9, 2003

  3. Are you sure that's the best approach? I'd research the pros and cons of
    storing binary objects inside the database. I've come across very few
    people who have opted for storing files in a database and, after
    implementing it, still believe it was the best decision. Please look over
    http://www.aspfaq.com/2149 -- which was written with images in mind, but the
    same constructs hold true for any type of file...

    (You might also consider choosing a more select set of groups... my
    newsreader doesn't even support the number of newsgroups you cross-posted
    to.)

    Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Oct 9, 2003