strange authentication dialog

KNC

Hi all,

I'm developing a website and deployed on webserver, it always
display an authentication dialog that user must login with valid
Windows user. Would anyone helps to instruct how to prohibit this
dialog?
Some information provides for you:
1) Dev softs:
- VS 2005, ASP.NET 2.0, SQL Server 2005 Enterprise edition
2) Server:
a) Website Directory security:
- Allow anonymous access (IUSR_Server)
- Integrated Windows authentication.
b) OS: Windows 2003 Server.

The particular note is when deplying other Windows 2003 Server PC, it
works fine without any authentication dialog although the configuration
is exactly the same.
Some no - effective solutions:
- Remove "Integrated Windows authentication": result of "you are
unauthorized to ..."
- Add permission for user Evryone, Anonymous Logon, Network Service.

Very appreciated for any hint.
KNC

KNC,

You should anyway remove the "Integrated WIndows Authentication"
setting from IIS. Having done that, you should make sure that the
physical directory that you have your website in has permissions for
the Network Service. Thirdly, what kind of authentication have you
specified for your web site (typically a setting in your web.config
file). Try checking that.

- Vaibhav

KNC

Hi V,

Thanks for your help. But as my message, I already tried to remove
"Integrated Windows authentication" and add user "NETWORK SERVICE" into
user list of my folder of website (under wwwroot) but no effect.
I've just re-tried as your instruction but it is still the same
phenomenon.
FYI, the authentication type of web.config is <authentication
mode="Forms">
Moreover, if I setting the Anonymous user account is a power user
(such as Administrator), it works fine, no authentication dialog at
all.

Would you guys pls give the root cause of this problem?

Thanks in advance,
KNC

KNC,

if you have configured Forms authentication in your application, have
you implemented it in your pages? To be honest, I am not entirely sure
why your application is behaving this way (need one those experts to
answer on your thread :) ). However, i am trying to think of all the
things that I do when i setup Forms Authentication based web-app as I
have NEVER faced this problem.

Cheers,
- V