strange authentication problem involving cluster

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Shimon, Apr 25, 2006.

  1. Shimon

    Shimon Guest

    Hello,

    I have encountered strange problem regarding authentication and
    clustering.
    This is the scenario:
    We have an intranet web site with anonymous access, security using
    forms Auth and impersonate true. Web site is running under domain
    account (called "natar") and connection to DB done through Trusted
    connection (with this domain account).

    In this site we have another folder which is configured as WINDOWS
    authentication
    And connection to db done through specific username/password.

    We have one group of people browsing the main part of the web site
    (anonymous access) and other group receiving email with link to the
    WINDOWS authentication part which they can access directly without
    being asked for authentication.
    Everything is working fine on a one web server configuration env.

    The problem we encountered is that in a clustered Env. (MS application
    center),
    When user browsing the main part of the web site, opens another window
    to browse the WINDOWS authentication part and return to the previous
    window - HE somehow inherits the windows authentication and receives
    the following error:
    Cannot open database requested in login 'natar'. Login fails. Login
    failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'.
    He somehow losses the anonymous access with forms auth., and trying to
    access with his own account ?!
    Shimon, Apr 25, 2006