Strange error

PW

I have an ASP that is gathering values (Activities) from the previous ASP.
Depending on what Activities the user selects, dictates what will be
displayed by the subsequent ASP.

If you notice in the below code segment, if the response.end is commented
then the javascript does not get processed and the program fails later on
when DB selects are performed.

If the response.end is not commented, then the javascript is processed and
the appropriate error ("You must select 2 activities") is displayed.

I cant figure out whats going on. Is it some kind of timing issue ?

Thanks in advance,
PW

myAct1 = Request.QueryString("cbAct1")
myAct2 = Request.QueryString("cbAct2")
myAct3 = Request.QueryString("cbAct3")
myAct4 = Request.QueryString("cbAct4")
myActs = myAct1 & myAct2 & myAct3 & myAct4

if len(myActs) <> 4 then
%>
<script language="Javascript">
alert("You must select 2 activities")
history.go(-1)
</script>
<%
end if

response.write myActs
response.write len(myActs)
response.end

surf_doggie

Have you tried doing a response.flush?

if len(myActs) <> 4 then
%>
<script language="Javascript">
alert("You must select 2 activities")
history.go(-1)
</script>
<%
response.flush
end if

Earl
www.jhdesigninc.com

PW

surf_doggie said:
Have you tried doing a response.flush?

if len(myActs) <> 4 then
%>
<script language="Javascript">
alert("You must select 2 activities")
history.go(-1)
</script>
<%
response.flush
end if

Earl
www.jhdesigninc.com

DUDE, you are my hero!!! Thats fixed it. Its been driving me mad. Thank
you so much. :)