Strange problem on database update

Rabbit

Does anyone have this problem before, I was developing asp.net 2.0 using VS
2005, everything works fine, I had used "Publish Web Site" to deploy my app.
on local machine's IIS, works as I expected too.

But today, when I use same method to deploy my solution on my IIS, while I
do the testing, any function which requires performing action query on my
Access DB, the web page displayed following error:

Operation must use an updateable query
Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Operation must use an
updateable query.

Other than that, all "retrieve" data operation to display records on web
pages had no problem. If I use VS 2005 to run my app. this problem does not
occur, I had also copy the same folder of IIS to another machine, this
problem doesn't occur.

Does anyone know what would be the problem on my IIS or something else?

Neutrino

This must be a security problem. If the process does not have access to
Change the MDB (or MDE) Access file then the database becomes read-only
and you cannot update. Make sure that the ASPNET local account in the
computer were IIS is running has Change rights on the MDB or MDE file.

Hope this helps.

Rabbit

thanks very much, you are absolutely right. I'm using WinXP as my IIS
platform for testing, once i share the web site's folder to "Allow network
users to change my files", the update operation working now!

If I don't want to share the directory this way. You mentioned setting
ASPNET local account to have change rights! how do you properly do this in
Win XP?

Rabbit

goodie, i went to my IIS root directory (C:\Inetpub\wwwroot) to add ASPNet
account to have write permission, which i think is a more proper way of
setting it up!

thanks for your help anyway!