Problem deploying web-application and web-service on same IIS server.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jan Obrestad, Dec 5, 2007.

  1. Jan Obrestad

    Jan Obrestad Guest

    I'm developing a system where an asp.net web-application is using a
    web-service using VS 2005.
    On my development machine everything works fine, but when I try to
    deploy it the trouble starts.

    I get a time-out when the web-app tries to contact the web-service.

    The strange thing is that if I deploy the system to two servers, A and
    B, I can run the web-app on A and web-service on B without problems, and
    vice versa. But running both programs on the same server results in a
    timeout.

    Does anyone have any idea what is wrong here? My first thought was that
    the user IIS is running as, did not have permission to access the
    network, but as it can successfully connect to another server, that
    can't be right.

    Jan Obrestad

    Jan Obrestad, Dec 5, 2007