strange problem with SOAP - newbie

chris

I used a NetBeans add-on from Systinet (WASP Developer) to create a
simple hello world web service. It worked great.

The really strange thing is that if I replace the contents of
getMessage method (that used to print hell world) with some custom
code then when I try to run the client I see this:

javax.xml.rpc.JAXRPCException: Exception while performing call. Unable
to read server response. Server returned status code:404 (Not found)
org.systinet.wasp.client.XMLInvocationException: Exception while
processing incoming message message. Unable to read server response.
Server returned status code:404 (Not found)

Then if I rename the getMessage method to main I can run it outside
the web service. So this tells me nothing is wrong with the custom
code.

I really can't figure out what can be happening here.

chris