strange Server.Transfer behavior

marc.gibian

I have a simple pair of ASP.NET pages, main.aspx and login.aspx. Main
checks if there is an identity in the Session context, and if not does
a Server.Transfer to login.aspx. So far, so good. Login does exactly
that, and on success does a Server.Transfer back to main.aspx. This has
been working fine with both IE and Firefox. Within that past couple of
weeks, all of a sudden running through this logic with IE results in:

Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site
http://localhost/app/Login.aspx.

Operation aborted

If I use Firefox, everything still works just fine. I set a breakpoint
in my C# Page_Load function and, interestingly, it gets called,
executes, and returns normally for the IE case.

I presume this means that something in the page sent to IE is causeing
IE to wack out?

Anyone have suggestions on how I find the offending content?

I am running IE 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_rtm.050803-2158, and Windows XP
SP2. By the way, I have a colleague testing this software and he
experiences the same problem, so its in all likelihood not unique to
the specific software versions on my machine.

Thanks,
Marc

marc.gibian

Added the try/catch and found I am indeed getting the
ThreadAbortException. But, even with this code in place I am still
getting the same error.

I had already tried Server.Execute, though I retried it again just now
with the exception handling in place. I still get the same error.

Any more ideas?