Streamable File Format + Interactivity

Discussion in 'C++' started by zaemin, May 9, 2004.

  1. zaemin

    zaemin Guest

    Hello,

    I'm designing streamable animation format like flash.

    I have some questions.

    My animation format has interactive feature by script. A designer can
    insert 'gotoFrame' action on the first frame to go to the end frame.
    So the player should access data stream randomly(any position of data
    stream at anytime). But in streaming case, the data for the end frame
    may not be in the buffer when the action is performed on the first
    frame. What can I do?

    I wonder what the flash does in this case.(Just waiting until the data
    of the end frame is downloaded?)

    And does the flash read data stream randomly for interactivity?(like
    me).

    Please give me some idea. Thank you.

    zaemin, May 9, 2004