Streamable File Format + Interactivity

zaemin

Hello,

I'm designing streamable animation format like flash.

I have some questions.

My animation format has interactive feature by script. A designer can
insert 'gotoFrame' action on the first frame to go to the end frame.
So the player should access data stream randomly(any position of data
stream at anytime). But in streaming case, the data for the end frame
may not be in the buffer when the action is performed on the first
frame. What can I do?

I wonder what the flash does in this case.(Just waiting until the data
of the end frame is downloaded?)

And does the flash read data stream randomly for interactivity?(like
me).

Please give me some idea. Thank you.