Strict html

UKuser

Hi,

I want to aim for strict html but am stumbling at the IFRAME tag.

Currently I have:
Form tag: target="upload_target"
Iframe: <iframe scrolling="no" id='upload_target'
name="upload_target"></iframe>

I am using my iframe as the forms target, but I'm not sure if this can
be successfully done with object instead.

Thanks

Jukka K. Korpela

Scripsit UKuser:
I want to aim for strict html but am stumbling at the IFRAME tag.

You need to make up your mind then.
Form tag: target="upload_target"
Iframe: <iframe scrolling="no" id='upload_target'
name="upload_target"></iframe>

Remove the target attribute and the iframe element. Problem solved.

In rare cases, where an inline frame might be useful, just use it as you
do and accept this deviation from Strict. It's the use of a frowned-up
element that matters, not the technicality of document type definitions.
I am using my iframe as the forms target, but I'm not sure if this can
be successfully done with object instead.

It cannot (in HTML).