Strinpping html using regexp

Arun Kumar

Hi,
I want to remove the all html tags in a string using regexp. But the
main thing is I dont want to use gsub or any other methods for it. I
want pure regexp to fetch the data other than the html tags. Can anybody
please give me the code.

Thanks
Arun

badboy

Arun said:
Hi,
I want to remove the all html tags in a string using regexp. But the
main thing is I dont want to use gsub or any other methods for it. I
want pure regexp to fetch the data other than the html tags. Can anybody
please give me the code.

Thanks
Arun
1. regular expressions are not good for stripping html code, use a HTML Parser
(Nokogiri, Hpricot, ...)
2. if you want to use regexp, why not gsub? o_O what do you mean by "pure
regexp"? gsub can strip content based on regular expressions. I don't get your
point here.
3. ....

Mark Thomas

Hi,
   I want to remove the all html tags in a string using regexp.

No, you really really don't. Trust me.
I want pure regexp to fetch the data other than the html tags.

If you had said "pure XPath", then that would make sense.

-- Mark.