Struts help with Tomcat

ozonshak

Hello. I'm having a Struts issue I'm hoping someone can help me
with. I have a Java, JSP, and Struts 1.1 (with Tiles) web application
running in an Eclipse based environment. I deploy it to a locally
installed Tomcat 4.1 running against Java 1.4.2_06. In this
configuration, it runs just fine. My index.jsp page uses a
<logic:forward> tag to hit a global forward in my struts-config.xml
file. Now, when I deploy this to a Tomcat 5.0.27 installation running
against Java 1.5.0_11, it no longer works. The code has not changed
at all. I am getting the following error:
"javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot find global ActionForward for
name begin". The "begin" forward is inside my index.jsp page and is
the only line in that file (other than the include for the tag
library). I also see in the logs:
"javax.servlet.UnavailableException: Parsing error processing resource
path". I don't think the version of Java has anything to do with
this. Could this have something to do with the classloader in Tomcat
5? Or perhaps something that comes bundled with Tomcat that is
interfering? Everything this application needs is inside the WAR
file, including Struts. Can anyone help me? Thanks!

Lew

[...]

This looks on the face of it like an error in the struts-config in the second
environment. There's nothing in what you've told us to suggest a class loader
issue or a problem with Tomcat.

The "resource path" error suggests that something in a deployment descriptor
references a non-existent path to a resource.

This is almost certainly application-specific, indeed, deployment-specific,
and not a Tomcat issue.

ozonshak

This looks on the face of it like an error in the struts-config in the second
environment.  There's nothing in what you've told us to suggest a class loader
issue or a problem with Tomcat.

The "resource path" error suggests that something in a deployment descriptor
references a non-existent path to a resource.

This is almost certainly application-specific, indeed, deployment-specific,
and not a Tomcat issue.

Thank you for the feedback. However, if this was a path issue, would
I not have run into this same issue in the Tomcat 4.1 envionment? All
of the paths I reference in my configuration files are relative to the
WAR file itself. Nothing is referenced outside of the WAR file for
Struts.