Struts Plugin

RamRod

I am new to JSP & Struts ...I am having some trouble with the -context-
concept in Struts.

I have a simple Struts PlugIn in which I have performed:

context.setAttribute("SomeKey","value");

Within the PlugIn I can print out the value associated with
SomeKey as follows:

System.err.println("---->In Plugin Value of SomeKey " +
(String)context.getAttribute("SomeKey"));

The problem is that I do NOT seem to be able to retrieve this key
value in any of my JSP pages that are associated with this Struts
project. To retrieve the key in my JSP's I am trying:

<%
String someValue = (String)session.getAttribute("someKey");
%>
Value : <%= someValue %>

someValue is always returned as null ....anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Rod.

Oscar Kind

RamRod said:
I am new to JSP & Struts ...I am having some trouble with the -context-
concept in Struts.

I have a simple Struts PlugIn in which I have performed:

context.setAttribute("SomeKey","value");
[...]

The problem is that I do NOT seem to be able to retrieve this key
value in any of my JSP pages that are associated with this Struts
project. To retrieve the key in my JSP's I am trying:

<%
String someValue = (String)session.getAttribute("someKey");
%>
Value : <%= someValue %>

someValue is always returned as null ....anyone have any ideas?

Retrieving it with
String someValue = pageContext.getAttribute("someKey");
works better, as the pageContext object searches the page, request,
session and application scopes (in that order).

I suggest you read up on the different contexts, and how to get/set values
from them. Personally, I find the API for javax.servler.jsp.JspContext and
javax.servler.jsp.PageContext to be quite helpful.

Oscar