Struts: Validation.xml fields's page attribute and correct forward page

Discussion in 'Java' started by sickness, May 12, 2006.

  1. sickness

    sickness Guest

    Hello
    I'm using the common validation. my validation.xml is like this (for a
    simple wizard)

    <form name="pswRcvForm">
    <field property="email" depends="required,email,isEmailPresent"
    page="1">
    <arg0 key="cv.pswRcv.email"/>
    </field>
    <field property="response"
    depends="required,isEmailAndResponsePresent" page="2">
    <arg0 key="cv.pswRcv2.response"/>
    </field>

    the validation is associated to an action, when there's an error the
    user is forward to the "input" attribute of the action. This attribute
    forward to the page1.jsp The problem is that if I'm on the 2nd page
    (page2.jsp) and I submit it and there is an error, the DispatchAction
    forward me to the page1! this because it takes the input value that
    specifies page1.jsp My question is: there's a method to forward to a
    correct page in a "wizard validation"? thanks a lot for all guys bye ;)

    sickness, May 12, 2006