Struts Validator WITH Tiles

yelledbett

What am I doing wrong here?

I have a simple tiles layout page with header, menu, body, footer
sections.

I have a 4 field html form with Validator setup on the body section of
the page. It almost works except when the validation fails it redirects
me back to just the body.jsp page?!! That sorta makes sense why it does
that since the html form is on the body.jsp, but how do I work around
this? I need it to redirect back to the main tile.

Thanks,
Sonny

Wendy S

What am I doing wrong here?
I have a simple tiles layout page with header, menu, body, footer
sections.
I have a 4 field html form with Validator setup on the body section of
the page. It almost works except when the validation fails it redirects
me back to just the body.jsp page?!! That sorta makes sense why it does
that since the html form is on the body.jsp, but how do I work around
this? I need it to redirect back to the main tile.

Without seeing any code or configuration, it's pretty hard to say, but it
sounds like you've got a .jsp somewhere you really need a tiles def. FWIW,
the only place I refer to .jsp's is in tiles-config.xml, everything in
struts-config.xml is pointing at tiles defs.

<action path="/login" ...
validate="true"
input="login.page">
<forward name="success" path="login.success"/>
</action>

(where login.page and login.success are both tiles defs)

HTH,
Wendy S

yelledbett

WONDERFUL! Works great now.. I hadn't setup the tiles-def.xml file as
I hadn't seen a real purpose/benefit for it. I'm a newbie at this and
it shows! Thanks so much!