Styling of Menu Control

GeoffreyD

Hi

I am working together with an artist who is familiar with CSS and HTML, but
we seem to be struggling with some of the more intricate details of the Menu
control. From what I understand, it is possible to apply an adapter to this
control that could make the generated html a great deal easier to style
(although I haven't seen such an adapter myself yet). Could anyone help me /
point me in the right direction?

Thanks

WenYuan Wang [MSFT]

Hello Geoffrey,

It seems what you need is an ASP.NET control adapter, correctly? Please
correct me if I misunderstand anything here.

If this is the case, Scott described the CSS Control Adapter Toolkit for
us. You may refer to
http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2006/05/02/CSS-Control-Adapter-Toolki
t-for-ASP.NET-2.0-.aspx
[CSS Control Adapter Toolkit for ASP.NET 2.0]

Hope this helps.
Best regards,

Wen Yuan
Microsoft Online Community Support

GeoffreyD

Thank you very much for that :) The artists love it.

However, I ma having some trouble in that the menu is not visible at all
under IE6. Is there any workaround for this or am I doing it a little wrong?

WenYuan Wang [MSFT]

Hello Geoffrey,
Thanks for reply.

Do you mean the menu (asp.net 2.0 control) is not visible on IE 6?
That's strange. I never met such issue before.
Would you please paste the HTML Code generated by ASP.net in newsgroup?
I will try it on my side, and update here as soon as possible.

Have a great day.
Best regards,

Wen Yuan
Microsoft Online Community Support

GeoffreyD

Hi There

It seems I managed to solve the problem. The problems occurs when widths are
not specified for the <li> elements. So putting the following line of code
seems to make the problem go away. :)
<!--[if IE 6]>

..SimpleEntertainmentMenu ul.AspNet-Menu li {width: 5em;}

..SimpleEntertainmentMenu li {width: 6em;}

<![endif]-->

Regards
Geoff

WenYuan Wang [MSFT]

Hello Geoff,
Thanks for your feedback.

Cool! This seems you figured out the root cause, and resolved the issue.
Future readers may get benefits of it.:)

If you have any more concern, please feel free to let me know. We are glad
to assist you.