    Get those creative juices flowing here is your chance to create a 30 second
    commercial movie file for your favorite Operating System. Be Creative:
    http://learningpc4beginners.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=26
    Ghostmaster, Jan 19, 2004

  2. On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 07:44:42 GMT, "Ghostmaster" <>
    wrote:

    >When setting up the pages that link together in a sub domain. Do the links
    >for some host have to be a certain case? Or in other words case sensitive?
    >I am setting up 57 pages all linked. I never have had that problem before.
    >It just seems that maybe there is a way for the page link not to be case
    >sensitive...is there? Or is this something that a Host will set up giving
    >the user no other option?

    If your host is running unix/linux then all filenames are case
    SeNsItIvE.................
    Titus A Ducksass, Jan 19, 2004

  3. Ghostmaster

    Ghostmaster Guest

    : wrote:
    :
    : >When setting up the pages that link together in a sub domain. Do the
    links
    : >for some host have to be a certain case? Or in other words case
    sensitive?
    : >I am setting up 57 pages all linked. I never have had that problem
    before.
    : >It just seems that maybe there is a way for the page link not to be case
    : >sensitive...is there? Or is this something that a Host will set up
    giving
    : >the user no other option?
    :
    : If your host is running unix/linux then all filenames are case
    : SeNsItIvE.................

    Yes it is. darn it. Now I have to sort through 57 pages. Not to forget
    the ones that haven't been uploaded yet. If anyone says this isn't hard
    work, then they didn't know what they was doing, and probably did a lousy
    job of it.
    Ghostmaster, Jan 19, 2004
  4. Ghostmaster

    brucie Guest

    in post: <news:KVLOb.14831$>
    "Ghostmaster" <> said:

    > Do the links for some host have to be a certain case?

    scheme and host names are case insensitive. the rest may be case
    sensitive. its always best to assume case and use lowercase characters.

    > It just seems that maybe there is a way for the page link not to be case
    > sensitive...is there?

    configuring a server to ignore case is fixing the wrong problem. use
    lowercase.

    --
    brucie - i usenet nude
    brucie, Jan 19, 2004
  5. "Ghostmaster" <> wrote in message news:<KVLOb.14831$>...
    > When setting up the pages that link together in a sub domain. Do the links
    > for some host have to be a certain case? Or in other words case sensitive?
    > I am setting up 57 pages all linked. I never have had that problem before.
    > It just seems that maybe there is a way for the page link not to be case
    > sensitive...is there? Or is this something that a Host will set up giving
    > the user no other option?

    Depends on the server. If it's *nix-based, Myfile.htm is different
    from myfile.htm. Whether your site is on a sub-domain is irrelevant.

    --
    Hywel
    Hywel Jenkins, Jan 19, 2004
  6. Ghostmaster

    Town Crier Guest

    > : If your host is running unix/linux then all filenames are case
    > : SeNsItIvE.................
    >
    > Yes it is. darn it. Now I have to sort through 57 pages. Not to forget
    > the ones that haven't been uploaded yet. If anyone says this isn't hard
    > work, then they didn't know what they was doing, and probably did a lousy
    > job of it.

    For what it's worth, doing the work in dreamweaver or another wysiwyg
    might make that job easier by caching the hyperlinks in the site and
    then changing the links automatically as you rename your files.
    Town Crier, Jan 19, 2004
  7. Hywel Jenkins wrote:

    > Depends on the server. If it's *nix-based, Myfile.htm is different
    > from myfile.htm. Whether your site is on a sub-domain is irrelevant.

    Well HTTP is case sensitive, so any server, no matter what OS, can be case
    sensitive.

    However, Apache for Unix/Linux in its *default* configuration is
    case-sensitive, whereas IIS and Apache for Windows are case-insensitive.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby A Inkster, Jan 19, 2004
  8. > However, Apache for Unix/Linux in its *default* configuration is
    > case-sensitive, whereas IIS and Apache for Windows are case-insensitive.

    to a point. I used to have IIS5 installed and if I had a file called
    http://localhost/file.jpg it would NOT open if I typed
    http://localhost/FILE.JPG

    Perhaps I had something configured in the settings, but I dont remember and
    dont use IIS :)
    Weyoun the Dancing Bong, Jan 20, 2004