Submission for Worst Site in the World

Jason said:
That's really not that bad. Check out this business site
http://www.partytentcity.com/. It renders poorly with Mozilla.

Particularly love the script embedded in the style:
</script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http:/
pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js"> </script>{ }
div.Section1{page:Section1;}
..SMALL{font-size:90%}
-->
Mmmmmmmmmm. That's entertainment.

Jim Higson

Check out this:

http://www.aber.ac.uk/careers/joblink/

Notice the use of java APPLETS to provide the 'rich' content, of erm...
buttons! With no for people not using Java, even though this could be done
very easily with plain old html buttons.

And this is coming from a university - the person who did it was PAID!

Jason Henning

Check out this:

http://www.aber.ac.uk/careers/joblink/

Notice the use of java APPLETS to provide the 'rich' content, of erm...
buttons! With no for people not using Java, even though this could be done
very easily with plain old html buttons.

And this is coming from a university - the person who did it was PAID!

I love when a site loads and it sounds like my hard drive is being
formatted.

Cheers,
Jason Henning

Jim Higson

Richard said:
How about the official webpage of the Nebra sky disk, a fascinating bronze
age artifact from Germany dating from about 1600BC:

http://www.archlsa.de/sterne/

They certainly win the prize for odd use of technology - a seperate image
for each char!
But other than that, the site isn't too bad. The letters even look quite
nice as they load one by one.

Jeffrey Silverman

Check out this:

http://www.aber.ac.uk/careers/joblink/

Notice the use of java APPLETS to provide the 'rich' content, of erm...
buttons! With no for people not using Java, even though this could be done
very easily with plain old html buttons.

And this is coming from a university - the person who did it was PAID!

Weighing in to this thread a smidge late, but oh, well.

That particular Java button applet is a pox on the world of web design. I
hope whoever created is getting their chuckles. And the worst part is, I
see it everywhere!

Jeffrey Silverman