    1. Advertising

  1. Weyoun the Dancing Borg

    Neal Guest

    Neal, Aug 26, 2004

  2. Weyoun the Dancing Borg

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Dylan Parry, Aug 26, 2004
  3. Weyoun the Dancing Borg

    Jeff Thies Guest

    Jeff Thies, Aug 26, 2004
  4. Jason Henning, Aug 27, 2004
  5. That's really not that bad. Check out this business site
    http://www.partytentcity.com/. It renders poorly with Mozilla.

    Don't you just love the google.ads?
    Jason Henning, Aug 27, 2004
  6. Weyoun the Dancing Borg

    WebcastMaker Guest

    WebcastMaker, Aug 27, 2004
  7. Quoth the raven Jason Henning:

    > That's really not that bad. Check out this business site
    > http://www.partytentcity.com/. It renders poorly with Mozilla.

    Oh my! Did you scroll down a bit on the left and click the "(Click me
    to see what I look like at the end of a good work day.)" ?

    > Don't you just love the google.ads?

    <g>

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 27, 2004
  8. Weyoun the Dancing Borg

    Neal Guest

    On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 01:47:21 GMT, Jason Henning <> wrote:

    > That's really not that bad. Check out this business site
    > http://www.partytentcity.com/. It renders poorly with Mozilla.
    >
    > Don't you just love the google.ads?

    Actually, putting the competitor's link on your page could be seen as
    confidence in your service's value.

    It is an awful site, though.
    Neal, Aug 27, 2004
  9. Weyoun the Dancing Borg

    m Guest

    Jason Henning wrote:

    > That's really not that bad. Check out this business site
    > http://www.partytentcity.com/. It renders poorly with Mozilla.

    Particularly love the script embedded in the style:
    </script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http:/
    pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js"> </script>{ }
    div.Section1{page:Section1;}
    ..SMALL{font-size:90%}
    -->
    Mmmmmmmmmm. That's entertainment.
    m, Aug 27, 2004
  10. Weyoun the Dancing Borg

    Jim Higson Guest

    Check out this:

    http://www.aber.ac.uk/careers/joblink/

    Notice the use of java APPLETS to provide the 'rich' content, of erm...
    buttons! With no for people not using Java, even though this could be done
    very easily with plain old html buttons.

    And this is coming from a university - the person who did it was PAID!
    Jim Higson, Aug 27, 2004
  11. Weyoun the Dancing Borg

    Mark Adams Guest

    Weyoun the Dancing Borg wrote:
    > http://hometown.aol.com/__121b_RYkUKI3StWgynhk1i8LR2FbYnQQmYnhRL5AifdakyRA=

    AHHH!! My eyes! They BURN! :)

    Yes, youthful exhuberance and a killer site builder application.
    --
    Mark E. Adams, 2004 -- drop the "dot" to email me.

    CONSIDER: ===========---------,,,,,,,,,............. . . . . .
    No problem is insoluble in all conceivable circumstances.
    Mark Adams, Aug 27, 2004
  12. How about the official webpage of the Nebra sky disk, a fascinating bronze
    age artifact from Germany dating from about 1600BC:

    http://www.archlsa.de/sterne/
    Richard Powell, Aug 27, 2004
  13. Weyoun the Dancing Borg

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Spake Richard Powell unto thee:

    > How about the official webpage of the Nebra sky disk, a fascinating bronze
    > age artifact from Germany dating from about 1600BC:
    >
    > http://www.archlsa.de/sterne/

    I don't think that remotely qualifies. Besides, the Nebra Sky Disc is
    fascinating!

    --
    Dylan Parry
    http://webpageworkshop.co.uk - FREE Web tutorials and references

    Listening to: Emerson, Lake & Palmer - The Only Way (Hymn)
    Dylan Parry, Aug 27, 2004
  14. On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 15:36:03 +0100, Jim Higson <> wrote:

    >Check out this:
    >
    >http://www.aber.ac.uk/careers/joblink/
    >
    >Notice the use of java APPLETS to provide the 'rich' content, of erm...
    >buttons! With no for people not using Java, even though this could be done
    >very easily with plain old html buttons.
    >
    >And this is coming from a university - the person who did it was PAID!

    I love when a site loads and it sounds like my hard drive is being
    formatted.

    Cheers,
    Jason Henning
    Jason Henning, Aug 27, 2004
  15. Weyoun the Dancing Borg

    Martin Clark Guest

    Martin Clark, Aug 27, 2004
  16. Weyoun the Dancing Borg

    Jim Higson Guest

    Richard Powell wrote:

    > How about the official webpage of the Nebra sky disk, a fascinating bronze
    > age artifact from Germany dating from about 1600BC:
    >
    > http://www.archlsa.de/sterne/

    They certainly win the prize for odd use of technology - a seperate image
    for each char!
    But other than that, the site isn't too bad. The letters even look quite
    nice as they load one by one.
    Jim Higson, Aug 28, 2004
  17. On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 15:36:03 +0100, Jim Higson wrote:

    > Check out this:
    >
    > http://www.aber.ac.uk/careers/joblink/
    >
    > Notice the use of java APPLETS to provide the 'rich' content, of erm...
    > buttons! With no for people not using Java, even though this could be done
    > very easily with plain old html buttons.
    >
    > And this is coming from a university - the person who did it was PAID!

    Weighing in to this thread a smidge late, but oh, well.

    That particular Java button applet is a pox on the world of web design. I
    hope whoever created is getting their chuckles. And the worst part is, I
    see it everywhere!

    --
    Jeffrey D. Silverman | **
    Website | http://www.newtnotes.com

    (** Drop "pants" to reply by email)
    Jeffrey Silverman, Sep 1, 2004
  18. On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 01:47:21 +0000, Jason Henning wrote:

    > That's really not that bad. Check out this business site
    > http://www.partytentcity.com/. It renders poorly with Mozilla.
    >
    > Don't you just love the google.ads?

    Wow!

    Here is a screenshot of how bad it renders on my machine (granted, not the
    "typical" web surfer -- Fedora Core 2/Mozilla 1.7)

    (The screenshot is chock full of JPEG compression artificats as I
    compressed it a lot.)

    http://engineering.jhu.edu/~jeff/screenshots/partytents.jpg

    later...

    Jeffrey Silverman, Sep 1, 2004