submit form data and open a new page is not necessary replace the existing page

Matt

The following will both post the form data using HTTP POST method to the
server2, and then open page2.asp, right? It is not posting form data to
server1.
The only difference is that #1 will just replace page1.asp with page2.asp.
But in #2, it will open a new window for page2.asp, and page1.asp also
there.
So that means post the form data and open a new page is not necessary
replace the existing page, case 2 is a good example. That's my confusions.

1. In page1.asp in server1, it has <form action="http://server2/page2.asp"
method="post">
2. In page1.asp in server1, it has <form action="http://server2/page2.asp"
method="post" target="_blank">