    Any ideas how to prevent this?

    Thanx for any hint.

    Merlin

    Merlin, Sep 25, 2005

  2. Merlin

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Merlin wrote:

    > When I implement a form search I always get URLS like this:
    > /index.php?q=test&submit.x=33&submit.y=8
    >
    > Any ideas how to prevent this?

    Have "index.php" redirect to a cleaner URL.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Sep 25, 2005

  3. Merlin wrote:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I am wondering how it is possible to submit forms over get and to get
    > clean urls like on a9. For example:
    > http://a9.com/test
    >
    > When I implement a form search I always get URLS like this:
    > /index.php?q=test&submit.x=33&submit.y=8
    >
    > Any ideas how to prevent this?

    Have a look at their code, they use a piece of JS:
    <form onsubmit="...">

    What JS does is it constructs an URL out of "a9.com" and the
    search box's text, then redirects the browser there. So
    they're not using GET or POST, it's a roll-your-own way.

    Of course, if JS fails, the "classic" url constructed via
    GET (e.g. a9.com/?searchBox=test) must still be supported by
    their server-side script.

    Don't see what you gain by it and why you'd want to go to
    the extra trouble of implementing it.

    Mitja Trampus, Sep 25, 2005