subversion and unrecognized URL scheme error....

Damonica Miller

Hello--

I believe I have installed subversion and all of its dependencies
correctly. I also edited the .bashrc and .bash_profile files according
to the numerous directions i found. (one of which is here, for bluehost:
http://wiki.oursky.com/index.php/Setup_a_BlueHost_Account#Make_Subversion_Dep_.28Apr.2C_Apr-Util.29).

However, every time i try to access a repository i get the 'unrecognized
URL scheme error'. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? I'm not sure
if this is even the right forum for this question, but i figured if
someone knew they would answer or otherwise point me in the right
direction.

Thanks,
Damonica

Jason Perkins

Hello--

I believe I have installed subversion and all of its dependencies
correctly. I also edited the .bashrc and .bash_profile files according
to the numerous directions i found. (one of which is here, for
bluehost:
http://wiki.oursky.com/index.php/
Setup_a_BlueHost_Account#Make_Subversion_Dep_.28Apr.2C_Apr-Util.29).

However, every time i try to access a repository i get the
'unrecognized
URL scheme error'.

What command are you using to access your repo?

--
Jason Perkins
(e-mail address removed)

"The computer allows you to make mistakes
faster than any other invention, with the
possible exception of handguns and tequila."

-Mitch Ratcliffe

Damonica Miller

Jason said:
What command are you using to access your repo?

i'm actually trying to install a radiant(cms) extention using the
following command:

svn export
http://svn.seancribbs.com/svn/rails/plugins/extensions/page_attachments
vendor/extensions/page_attachments

following the directions here: http://wiki.radiantcms.org/Extensions
(using the 'Alternately' directions as i am not using subversion for my
project).

I do know that the link exists and the files are there and that i am in
the correct directory before trying to execute the command...but this is
all very new to me, so troubleshooting is pretty much nil--and of course
my webhost doesn't support it so they're no help on this one.

Thanks for your help.

Jason Perkins

i'm actually trying to install a radiant(cms) extention using the
following command:

svn export
http://svn.seancribbs.com/svn/rails/plugins/extensions/
page_attachments
vendor/extensions/page_attachments

following the directions here: http://wiki.radiantcms.org/Extensions
(using the 'Alternately' directions as i am not using subversion
for my
project).

I do know that the link exists and the files are there and that i
am in
the correct directory before trying to execute the command...but
this is
all very new to me, so troubleshooting is pretty much nil--and of
course
my webhost doesn't support it so they're no help on this one.

I'm able to run your svn export command successfully. It sounds like
you may've missed a step when installing svn.

--
Jason Perkins
(e-mail address removed)

"The computer allows you to make mistakes
faster than any other invention, with the
possible exception of handguns and tequila."

-Mitch Ratcliffe

Damonica Miller

Jason said:
I'm able to run your svn export command successfully. It sounds like
you may've missed a step when installing svn.

thanks everyone...i did rule out all of the other issues, so i know
there was something with the svn. there is something particular with my
webhost that is causing the problem since i did install and make all of
the documented changes...though it's not supported by my hosting co i'm
hoping someone in the forum there will get back to me--there seems to be
at least one person that got this to work.

thanks for your help.

damonica