Subversion support on RubyForge

Tom Copeland

Hi all -

RubyForge now supports Subversion! Yup, at long last, we've got all the
pieces in place so that you can use either CVS or Subversion for your
version control.

* You can see how it looks by poking around Curt Hibbs' RubyInstaller
project, which we converted over last week:

http://rubyforge.org/scm/?group_id=167

* To get your project switched from CVS to Subversion, please put a
cvs-to-svn support request into the FIFO queue:

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?atid=102&group_id=5&func=browse

* To start up a new project with Subversion as the version control
system, just select it when you register the project.

* Undoubtedly there will be some "opportunities for improvement" as
folks convert over; as always, we appreciate your feedback and your
patience.

Thanks to Curt Hibbs for helping to troubleshoot this new feature!

Yours,

Tom Copeland
Rich Kilmer
The RubyForge admin team

Gregory Brown

Hi all -

RubyForge now supports Subversion! Yup, at long last, we've got all the
pieces in place so that you can use either CVS or Subversion for your
version control.

How did you know today was my birthday?!?

(No, seriously, it is :))

That's awesome, Thanks Tom and the RubyForge peoples for your hard work :)

Tom Copeland

How did you know today was my birthday?!?

(No, seriously, it is :))

That's awesome, Thanks Tom and the RubyForge peoples for your hard work :)

You're quite welcome!

Yours,

Tom

Damphyr

Tom said:
You're quite welcome!
EXCELENT!! My support request is already in the queue!
At last I can get rid of the scripts that publishmy subversion stuff to
the Rubyforge CVS.
Tom I guess you're going to be busy for a while :)
Cheers,
V.-

--
http://www.braveworld.net/riva

Tom Copeland

EXCELENT!! My support request is already in the queue!
At last I can get rid of the scripts that publishmy subversion stuff to
the Rubyforge CVS.
Tom I guess you're going to be busy for a while :)

Heh, fortunately, Curt Hibbs let a few of his projects be the test
subjects, so now each conversion is done by a script and takes about 20
seconds. Good times!

Yours,

Tom

Trans

Christian said:
I think you just can use rsync to upload your local repositories. At
least that's how I do it on my site.

You can? Could you give more details by chance?

Thanks,
T.

Mauricio Fernández

You can? Could you give more details by chance?

I don't know if Rubyforge actually supports rsync.
But you can just scp -r your workspace/branch into your project's
webspace if bandwidth is not a problem.