Subversion support on RubyForge

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Tom Copeland, Dec 8, 2005.

  1. Tom Copeland

    Tom Copeland Guest

    Hi all -

    RubyForge now supports Subversion! Yup, at long last, we've got all the
    pieces in place so that you can use either CVS or Subversion for your
    version control.

    * You can see how it looks by poking around Curt Hibbs' RubyInstaller
    project, which we converted over last week:

    http://rubyforge.org/scm/?group_id=167

    * To get your project switched from CVS to Subversion, please put a
    cvs-to-svn support request into the FIFO queue:

    http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?atid=102&group_id=5&func=browse

    * To start up a new project with Subversion as the version control
    system, just select it when you register the project.

    * Undoubtedly there will be some "opportunities for improvement" as
    folks convert over; as always, we appreciate your feedback and your
    patience.

    Thanks to Curt Hibbs for helping to troubleshoot this new feature!

    Yours,

    Tom Copeland
    Rich Kilmer
    The RubyForge admin team
    Tom Copeland, Dec 8, 2005

  2. On 12/8/05, Tom Copeland <> wrote:
    > Hi all -
    >
    > RubyForge now supports Subversion! Yup, at long last, we've got all the
    > pieces in place so that you can use either CVS or Subversion for your
    > version control.

    How did you know today was my birthday?!?

    (No, seriously, it is :))

    That's awesome, Thanks Tom and the RubyForge peoples for your hard work :)
    Gregory Brown, Dec 8, 2005

  3. Tom Copeland

    Tom Copeland Guest

    On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 05:46 +0900, Gregory Brown wrote:
    > On 12/8/05, Tom Copeland <> wrote:
    > > Hi all -
    > >
    > > RubyForge now supports Subversion! Yup, at long last, we've got all the
    > > pieces in place so that you can use either CVS or Subversion for your
    > > version control.

    > How did you know today was my birthday?!?
    >
    > (No, seriously, it is :))
    >

    > That's awesome, Thanks Tom and the RubyForge peoples for your hard work :)

    You're quite welcome!

    Yours,

    Tom
    Tom Copeland, Dec 8, 2005
  4. Tom Copeland

    Damphyr Guest

    Tom Copeland wrote:
    > On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 05:46 +0900, Gregory Brown wrote:
    >
    >>On 12/8/05, Tom Copeland <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi all -
    >>>
    >>>RubyForge now supports Subversion! Yup, at long last, we've got all the
    >>>pieces in place so that you can use either CVS or Subversion for your
    >>>version control.

    >>How did you know today was my birthday?!?
    >>
    >>(No, seriously, it is :))
    >>

    >>That's awesome, Thanks Tom and the RubyForge peoples for your hard work :)

    > You're quite welcome!

    EXCELENT!! My support request is already in the queue!
    At last I can get rid of the scripts that publishmy subversion stuff to
    the Rubyforge CVS.
    Tom I guess you're going to be busy for a while :)
    Cheers,
    V.-

    --
    http://www.braveworld.net/riva

    Damphyr, Dec 8, 2005
  5. Tom Copeland

    Tom Copeland Guest

    On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 07:05 +0900, Damphyr wrote:
    > EXCELENT!! My support request is already in the queue!
    > At last I can get rid of the scripts that publishmy subversion stuff to
    > the Rubyforge CVS.
    > Tom I guess you're going to be busy for a while :)

    Heh, fortunately, Curt Hibbs let a few of his projects be the test
    subjects, so now each conversion is done by a script and takes about 20
    seconds. Good times!

    Yours,

    Tom
    Tom Copeland, Dec 8, 2005
  6. Tom Copeland

    Trans Guest

    Christian Neukirchen wrote:
    > Daniel Berger <> writes:
    >
    > > Tom Copeland wrote:
    > >> Hi all -
    > >> RubyForge now supports Subversion!

    > > Huh? Where's the Darcs support you promised?

    > I think you just can use rsync to upload your local repositories. At
    > least that's how I do it on my site.

    You can? Could you give more details by chance?

    Thanks,
    T.
    Trans, Dec 9, 2005
  7. On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 10:57:37PM +0900, Trans wrote:

    > Christian Neukirchen wrote:
    > > Daniel Berger <> writes:

    > > > Huh? Where's the Darcs support you promised?

    > > I think you just can use rsync to upload your local repositories. At
    > > least that's how I do it on my site.

    > You can? Could you give more details by chance?

    I don't know if Rubyforge actually supports rsync.
    But you can just scp -r your workspace/branch into your project's
    webspace if bandwidth is not a problem.

    --
    Mauricio Fernandez
    Mauricio Fernández, Dec 9, 2005