Success Natively Compiling Python-2.3.4 in Mingw?

Fernando Libonati

Hello, after read your message I put hands on work and try to get
python2.3.4 sources compiled with DevC++4.9.9 and I've failed.

Could you explain a bit more especifically how to get the .dsp / .dsw files
into work?

Regards, Fernando

A. B., Khalid

Fernando Libonati said:
Hello, after read your message I put hands on work and try to get
python2.3.4 sources compiled with DevC++4.9.9 and I've failed.

Could you explain a bit more especifically how to get the .dsp / .dsw files
into work?

Regards, Fernando

Hello Fernando,

Well, check out the pyMinGW patch here:
http://jove.prohosting.com/iwave/ipython/pyMinGW.html

It has the make files and the patches to Python source needed to get
Python compiled under MinGW. I have removed the ".dev" project files
to make the download smaller and hence, I think, streamlined the whole
build process to make it easier. Now it is all make files.

The update you will see is not the same one I got my own private copy
of the MinGW compiled Python back in June compiled with. At any rate
the point is that the current public pyMinGW patch is not yet 100%
complete. But since the last update, however, some good progress was
made and I think very shortly, God willing, there will be a very good
and working pyMinGW patch for Python 2.4a3, and Python 2.3 Final. If
you cannot wait, then download the current pyMinGW and see what
happens.

Regards
Khalid

--
Q. The purpose of life?

[A]: "I created the jinn and humankind only that they might
worship Me." (Translation, Qur'an, 51:56)

: "Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter:
Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the
whole duty of man." (KJV, Ecclesiastes 12:13)