suidperl and libperl.so

Discussion in 'Perl' started by Skeleton Man, Jul 1, 2004.

  1. Skeleton Man

    Skeleton Man Guest

    Hi,

    I realise this group is targeted more at the language itself that anything,
    but I have been tearing my hair out over this issue.. whenever I try to run
    any CGI script setuid, I get this (non-setuid is fine):

    /usr/bin/perl: error while loading shared libraries: libperl.so: cannot open

    This makes absolutely no sense, because libperl.so is there, and setuid
    scripts work fine from the command line..
    libperl.so is located here:
    /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/CORE/libperl.so

    I have tried the following: adding that path to /etc/ld.so.conf, adding it
    to an env variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and symlinking it in /usr/lib and
    /usr/local/lib.. none of these have worked..

    Any suggestions ?

    Regards,
    Chris
    Skeleton Man, Jul 1, 2004