Supreme Court Ruling on "Price Fixing"

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Tina Peters, Jun 28, 2007.

  1. Tina Peters

    Tina Peters Guest

    This is somewhat related to a thread awhile back, regarding resellers being
    forced to sell at a set price:

    "The Court abandoned a 96-year-old ban on manufacturers and retailers
    setting price floors for products.

    In a 5-4 decision, the court said that agreements on minimum prices are
    legal if they promote competition.

    The ruling means that accusations of minimum pricing pacts will be evaluated
    case by case.

    The Supreme Court declared in 1911 that minimum pricing agreements violate
    federal antitrust law."

    --
    Tina Peters
    http://www.axishost.com

    Tina Peters, Jun 28, 2007

  2. Tina Peters

    Neredbojias Guest

    On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 15:43:44 GMT Tina Peters scribed:

    > This is somewhat related to a thread awhile back, regarding resellers
    > being forced to sell at a set price:
    >
    > "The Court abandoned a 96-year-old ban on manufacturers and retailers
    > setting price floors for products.
    >
    > In a 5-4 decision, the court said that agreements on minimum prices
    > are legal if they promote competition.
    >
    > The ruling means that accusations of minimum pricing pacts will be
    > evaluated case by case.
    >
    > The Supreme Court declared in 1911 that minimum pricing agreements
    > violate federal antitrust law."

    More nonsense like Prohibition. However, I recall "fair market pricing" (-
    ie: minimum pricing) was a reality on a few things even back in the '50s,
    legal or not. Lionel trains, for instance.

    --
    Neredbojias

    Once I had a little dog
    Who wagged its tail spritely.
    But it walked by the harvestor
    And now is shorter slightly.

    Neredbojias, Jun 28, 2007

  3. Neredbojias <> wrote:

    [snip]

    Charlie! Jesus Christ (no pun intended), that made me do a double-take.

    "It was so quiet, one of the killers would later say, you could almost
    hear the sound of ice rattling in cocktail shakers in the homes way down
    the canyon."

    <shudder>

    --
    Joel.

    Joel Shepherd, Jun 29, 2007
  4. Tina Peters

    Neredbojias Guest

    On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 04:08:45 GMT Joel Shepherd scribed:

    > Neredbojias <> wrote:
    >
    > [snip]
    >
    > Charlie! Jesus Christ (no pun intended), that made me do a double-take.
    >
    > "It was so quiet, one of the killers would later say, you could almost
    > hear the sound of ice rattling in cocktail shakers in the homes way down
    > the canyon."
    >
    > <shudder>

    Okay, I admit it, you've got me confused. What? -Fair market pricing?

    Neredbojias, Jun 29, 2007
  5. Neredbojias <> wrote:

    > On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 04:08:45 GMT Joel Shepherd scribed:
    > >
    > > Charlie! Jesus Christ (no pun intended), that made me do a double-take.
    > >
    > > "It was so quiet, one of the killers would later say, you could almost
    > > hear the sound of ice rattling in cocktail shakers in the homes way down
    > > the canyon."

    > Okay, I admit it, you've got me confused. What? -Fair market pricing?

    Your little X-Face there is Charles Manson, right? Charlie, sometimes
    known to his admirers as Jesus Christ.

    The little blurb is the first line from "Helter Skelter": the account of
    the Manson murders.

    Clearer now?

    --
    Joel.

    Joel Shepherd, Jun 29, 2007
  6. Tina Peters

    Neredbojias Guest

    On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 15:26:22 GMT Joel Shepherd scribed:

    >> > Charlie! Jesus Christ (no pun intended), that made me do a
    >> > double-take.
    >> >
    >> > "It was so quiet, one of the killers would later say, you could
    >> > almost hear the sound of ice rattling in cocktail shakers in the
    >> > homes way down the canyon."

    >> Okay, I admit it, you've got me confused. What? -Fair market
    >> pricing?

    > Your little X-Face there is Charles Manson, right? Charlie, sometimes
    > known to his admirers as Jesus Christ.

    Say what? That's Father MacDougal, our priest, teacher, and babysitter.

    > The little blurb is the first line from "Helter Skelter": the account
    > of the Manson murders.
    >
    > Clearer now?

    Yeah, okay, sho' 'nuff, anybody can....

    Neredbojias, Jun 29, 2007
  7. Neredbojias <> wrote:

    > On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 15:26:22 GMT Joel Shepherd scribed:
    >

    > > Your little X-Face there is Charles Manson, right? Charlie, sometimes
    > > known to his admirers as Jesus Christ.

    > Say what? That's Father MacDougal, our priest, teacher, and babysitter.

    Hmm. Well, must be my mistake then.

    Hey, just out of curiosity, does your Father MacDougal happen to have a
    swastika carved in his forehead? I heard it was from a boating accident,
    but some folks have other theories.

    --
    Joel.

    Joel Shepherd, Jun 30, 2007
  8. Tina Peters

    Neredbojias Guest

    On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 06:02:24 GMT Joel Shepherd scribed:

    > Neredbojias <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 15:26:22 GMT Joel Shepherd scribed:
    >>

    >> > Your little X-Face there is Charles Manson, right? Charlie, sometimes
    >> > known to his admirers as Jesus Christ.

    >> Say what? That's Father MacDougal, our priest, teacher, and babysitter.

    > Hmm. Well, must be my mistake then.

    <grin>

    > Hey, just out of curiosity, does your Father MacDougal happen to have a
    > swastika carved in his forehead?

    Well, kinda, but he said it was a religious symbol depicting fertility at
    various angles.

    > I heard it was from a boating accident,
    > but some folks have other theories.

    Nah, the padre hates water. That's why he never takes a bath.

    Neredbojias, Jun 30, 2007