Survey Invitation : Ruby + GUI

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Alex Fenton, Nov 19, 2008.

  1. Alex Fenton

    Alex Fenton Guest

    Everyone's invited to take part in a short survey on using Ruby for GUI
    programming; I'd be grateful for 5 or 10 minutes of your time at:

    http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=o2UwH3KcrOyLxKsh8mOJMg_3d_3d

    Even if you never do GUI programming in Ruby, please take a minute to
    respond, as it's interesting to know why people aren't using Ruby for
    this as well as why people are. Non-GUI programmers get a very quick
    version of the survey.

    The survey should take no more than 5-10 minutes to complete. That's
    unless you have a lot of things you want to get off your chest in the
    comment boxes - which you're welcome to do too.

    All the answers are anonymous. The survey will run for two weeks, after
    which the results will be posted on the web, with a notice here. The
    anonymised raw data will also be made available to those who are interested.

    The background to this is that there are sporadic threads on GUI
    programming on this group, but little overall picture of Ruby GUI usage
    emerges. New options for GUI development have emerged in recent year.
    I'm interested to know who's doing what, and how Ruby could be a better
    language for these kind of applications.

    Thank you to Rubyists who commented on earlier drafts of the survey.
    Please feel free to forward the survey link to relevant mailing lists etc.

    Thanks for your support.

    alex
    Alex Fenton, Nov 19, 2008

  2. Alex Fenton wrote:
    > Thank you to Rubyists who commented on earlier drafts of the survey.
    > Please feel free to forward the survey link to relevant mailing lists
    > etc.
    >
    > Thanks for your support.

    Done - it's a nice list of questions you have there!

    Cheers,
    Mohit.
    11/20/2008 | 11:12 AM.
    Mohit Sindhwani, Nov 20, 2008

  3. On Nov 19 2008, 11:43 pm, Alex Fenton <>
    wrote:

    > Everyone's invited to take part in a short survey on using Ruby for GUI
    > programming [...]
    >
    > Thesurveywill run for two weeks, after
    > which the results will be posted on the web, with a notice here. The
    > anonymised raw data will also be made available to those who are interested.

    Were the results ever published?
    Lars Christensen, Jan 14, 2009
  4. Alex Fenton

    Pierre Pat Guest

    Lars Christensen wrote:
    > Were the results ever published?

    I was wondering the same thing yesterday ;-)

    Pierre Pat, Jan 14, 2009
  5. Alex Fenton

    Alex Fenton Guest

    Lars Christensen wrote:
    > On Nov 19 2008, 11:43 pm, Alex Fenton <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Everyone's invited to take part in a short survey on using Ruby for GUI
    >> programming [...]
    >>
    >> Thesurveywill run for two weeks, after
    >> which the results will be posted on the web, with a notice here. The
    >> anonymised raw data will also be made available to those who are interested.

    > Were the results ever published?

    Sorry, I got caught up in other work and haven't finished writing up the
    results. I'll publish at least the main findings and raw numbers within
    a week.

    cheers
    alex
    Alex Fenton, Jan 15, 2009