suspicious RAM problems - mvo

Mark

Hi group,

My company is doubting my applications; there are happening strange things
in the field. It's about terminal running a state-machine on an old H8/500
processor. The problems seems to be weird and like this.

When we write software in the terminal's flash it runs differently from
terminals that have another software-version pre-loaded. In both situations
the previous software has to be overloaded fully (well, thats what is
desired). A lot of people are 'against' us saying the previous version
affects the new version.

A guy made a loading sequence with functions copied to (and running from)
RAM (still don't get how you do that trick, with the source-code in front of
me but whatever). But I want to clear the RAM chip (512K) totally, first.

Any tips on how to check the size of the RAM-chip? (the tricky-part:) We use
hardware with both 256K and 512K RAM.

Some tips would be appreciated very much!

Best regards,
M/\RK

Keith Thompson

Mark said:
Any tips on how to check the size of the RAM-chip? (the tricky-part:) We use
hardware with both 256K and 512K RAM.

Nope. Your question has nothing to do with the C programming
language. The language defines no features having to do with RAM
chips. (It's possible that a solution might be coded in C, but that
doesn't make it a C problem.)

There are probably people who can help you with this, but they don't
hang out here. You'll need to find a newsgroup or other source of
information that deals with your particular hardware. I don't know
enough to tell you where to look (but a Google search might turn
something up).

goose

Mark said:
[...]

<tip>