SVG with Java <script>

Andrew Neiderer

I have some Scaleable Vector Graphics (SVG) in which I need
to add some Java code (I guess via a <script>), which uses
the DOM to update attributes. I am thinking a XMLHttpRequest
will get me the latest data which I would use to update.

Can someone give me simple SVG, Java code or point me to a URL
where this is done. This nay be trivial: I have seen this done
with JavaScript and SVG, but I need to use Java. I don't know
which modifications I need, such as type="text/java" ?

Thanks for any pointers.

- Andrew M. Neiderer
US Army Research Lab

Martin Honnen

Andrew said:
Can someone give me simple SVG, Java code or point me to a URL
where this is done. This nay be trivial: I have seen this done
with JavaScript and SVG, but I need to use Java. I don't know
which modifications I need, such as type="text/java" ?

I am not sure I understand what you want to do but I assume it is highly
specific to a particular SVG viewer.
The Batik SVG viewer is implemented in Java and should allow Java
manipulation of SVG documents thus if you use that viewer then you could
start at
<http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/>
where I think
<http://xml.apache.org/batik/javaScripting.html#Extension>
is what you are after.
dedicated to that viewer where you could find further help.