Swings

vijji

Hai! I am vijaya. I am working for a swings GUI project.I have to get
the same thing that, we get when we click the MyComputer Icon of the
desktop from My swings application. I am able to get the Explorer tree,
comboBox address bar and Image Icons of Disk Drive. Now, how to get the
new frame, that contains the contents of the Disk when we double click
the Drive icon?

Thomas Kellerer

Hai! I am vijaya. I am working for a swings GUI project.I have to get
the same thing that, we get when we click the MyComputer Icon of the
desktop from My swings application. I am able to get the Explorer tree,
comboBox address bar and Image Icons of Disk Drive. Now, how to get the
new frame, that contains the contents of the Disk when we double click
the Drive icon?

Is swings a new GUI framework? I have never heard of it.
Is this an alternative to SWT and Swing?
How does it differ from those two? Do you have any documents regarding
swings. It would be nice to have a third choice for cross-platform Java
GUIs

Thomas

Brandon McCombs

Thomas said:
Is swings a new GUI framework? I have never heard of it.
Is this an alternative to SWT and Swing?

Only to those who don't know English.

David Lee Lambert

Hai! I am vijaya. I am working for a swings GUI project.I have to get
the same thing that, we get when we click the MyComputer Icon of the
desktop from My swings application. I am able to get the Explorer tree,
comboBox address bar and Image Icons of Disk Drive. Now, how to get the
new frame, that contains the contents of the Disk when we double click
the Drive icon?

If you want to display files on the disk, you might want to either use or
extend JFileChooser:

http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/uiswing/components/filechooser.html

If that dialog is missing basic functionality that you want in your
application, you'll need to build a new disk-browsing model and a
suitable view. Of course, you'll probably need to use "java.io.File" to
get information about the filesystem, but there are a lot of different
things you could do with it.

You may also be able to get inspiration from "Java File Manager":

http://sourceforge.net/projects/jfm