Synthesis

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by lightofspace, Oct 21, 2006.

  1. lightofspace

    lightofspace

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2006
    Messages:
    8
    Hallo,

    I have a question, I want to program Cypress PALCE20V8, with the following VHDL code. but I can not fit following code on the PALCE20V8, it needs more outputs than 8. But in my code, I have made it clear that the number of outputs is 7, so it should be fit on the PALCE20V8. Can this vhdl code be more optimized in the view of synthesis?

    LIBRARY ieee;
    USE ieee.std_logic_1164.all;

    ENTITY PAL IS
    port(
    Mode1,
    Mode2,
    Power_off,
    Osc_input,
    MAX_232_pin_9,
    PULS,
    Reset :IN Std_Logic;

    EN5V,
    EN10V,
    Zener5V,
    Osc_output,
    PTA0_PAL,
    PTA1_PAL,
    PTA4_PAL :OUT Std_Logic
    );
    END ENTITY PAL;

    --
    ARCHITECTURE behavioral OF PAL IS
    BEGIN
    control: Process(Mode1, Mode2, Power_off, Osc_input, MAX_232_pin_9, PULS, Reset )
    Begin
    If (Mode1 = '0' AND Mode2 = '0' AND Power_off = '0') then
    --Normal Mode
    EN5V <= 'Z';
    EN10V <= 'Z';
    Zener5V <= PULS;
    Osc_output <= 'Z';
    PTA0_PAL <= PULS;
    PTA1_PAL <= PULS;
    PTA4_PAL <= NOT Reset;
    elsif (Mode1 = '0' AND Mode2 = '0' AND Power_off = '1') then
    --Power_off mode
    EN5V <= '1';
    EN10V <= 'Z';
    Zener5V <= 'Z';
    Osc_output <= 'Z';
    PTA0_PAL <= 'Z';
    PTA1_PAL <= 'Z';
    PTA4_PAL <= 'Z';
    elsif (Mode1 = '0' AND Mode2 = '1') then
    --Mode 2
    EN5V <= '0';
    EN10V <= '0';
    Zener5V <= '1';