System crash on starting ASP .NET web application

satish.kishenchand

Hi,

I am just starting to learn ASP .NET programming and have been having a
weird problem.

When I run any ASP .NET program from Visual Studio 2003 my machine
crashes. I am forced to do a manual restart of my machine because
nothing responds. The machine appears to responding in the beginning
but after few minutes everything is frozen. I can't even bring up the
task manager to kill VS. I have re-installed VS, asp .net but that
hasn't helped either.

I am using Visual Studio .NET 2003, .NET Framework v1.1 on Windows XP
Professional.

For example, if I create a new web application and add a simple button
and label to display hello world when I click on button can reproduce
the behavior.

Any pointers?

Thanks
Sat

Scott Allen

Unfortunately, it sounds like the type of problem where you should
rebuild the machine from scratch.

Guest

I had the same problem on a simlarly configured workstation (Win XP SP-2,
Visual Studio .NET 2003, .NET Framework v1.1.4322). Turns out Zone Alarm was
the culprit. I have since uninstalled Zone Alarm and have enabled the
Windows firewall and no longer have the problem. Refer to Q871046.