System.Net.WebException: The request failed with the error message: Object Moved

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Edgar D, Nov 29, 2004.

  1. Edgar D

    Edgar D Guest

    We have a web service that we built with VB.NET and had been working
    for about 5 months or so, that is until last month. We use this web
    service to do some updates to our web inventory and that sort of thing
    from a VB.NET application. Now just about every morning we are
    getting the following message.

    System.Net.WebException: The request failed with the error message:
    --
    <h2>Object moved to <a
    href='/errors.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/InventoryUpdates.asmx'>here</a>.</h2>

    --.
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage
    message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean
    asyncCall)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String
    methodName, Object[] parameters)
    at WebInventoryListener.WebInventory.GenerateInventory.UpdateInventory()
    in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Visual Studio
    Projects\WebInventoryListener\Web
    References\WebOrders\Reference.vb:line 48
    at WebInventoryListener.CuteFTP.GetWebInventory(Object parameters)
    in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Visual Studio
    Projects\WebInventoryListener\CuteFTP.vb:line 260

    Nothing major has changed. We did a few Windows Updates a while back
    to the .NET framework (.NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1, .NET
    Framework 1.0 Service Pack 3) Could these updates be the cause of
    these errors?

    If I go to the actual WebService page, I can see that the page exists
    and all of my methods are listed as its supposed to do.

    Anyone has any ideas?
    Edgar D, Nov 29, 2004

  2. Edgar D

    Dan Rogers Guest

    Hi,

    It sounds like the URL used by the proxy doesn't match the path expected by
    the server. This can happen if an IIS administrator moves the files and
    rehomes the vroot. Try refreshing the proxy on the calling side.

    Hope this helps

    Dan Rogers
    Microsoft Corporation
    >From: (Edgar D)