System.Net.WebException: The request failed with the error message: Object Moved

Edgar D

We have a web service that we built with VB.NET and had been working
for about 5 months or so, that is until last month. We use this web
service to do some updates to our web inventory and that sort of thing
from a VB.NET application. Now just about every morning we are
getting the following message.

System.Net.WebException: The request failed with the error message:
--
<h2>Object moved to <a
href='/errors.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/InventoryUpdates.asmx'>here</a>.</h2>

--.
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage
message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean
asyncCall)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String
methodName, Object[] parameters)
at WebInventoryListener.WebInventory.GenerateInventory.UpdateInventory()
in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Visual Studio
Projects\WebInventoryListener\Web
References\WebOrders\Reference.vb:line 48
at WebInventoryListener.CuteFTP.GetWebInventory(Object parameters)
in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Visual Studio
Projects\WebInventoryListener\CuteFTP.vb:line 260

Nothing major has changed. We did a few Windows Updates a while back
to the .NET framework (.NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1, .NET
Framework 1.0 Service Pack 3) Could these updates be the cause of
these errors?

If I go to the actual WebService page, I can see that the page exists
and all of my methods are listed as its supposed to do.

Anyone has any ideas?

Dan Rogers

Hi,

It sounds like the URL used by the proxy doesn't match the path expected by
the server. This can happen if an IIS administrator moves the files and
rehomes the vroot. Try refreshing the proxy on the calling side.

Hope this helps

Dan Rogers
Microsoft Corporation