System.NullReferenceException in .net 2.0 app

Guest

I am using a vendor package written in .net 2.0 C#. They say it works well,
and that I may have a configuration issue. The error I am getting is shown
below. Searching ms and google, it seems there is a hotfix, 2.0.50727.56,
affecting SYSTEM.WEB.DLL which resolves this issue.

Question: The vendor claims this works without the hotfix, can anyone
provide clues for me? How do I obtain the hotfix, if needed?

Thanks

***************

Server Error in '/Web' Application.

to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Line 91: throw new HttpException(404, "not found");
Line 92: }
Line 93: ASPDNSF.URLRewriter.Rewriter.Process();
Line 94: }
Line 95:

Source File: c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\smstore2\Web\App_Code\Global.asax.cs Line: 93

Stack Trace:

object.]
System.Web.Hosting.ISAPIWorkerRequestInProc.GetServerVariable(String
name) +1132
System.Web.Hosting.ISAPIWorkerRequest.GetServerName() +15
System.Web.HttpRequest.get_Url() +282
ASPDNSF.URLRewriter.Rewriter.Process() +56
AspDotNetStorefront.Global.Application_BeginRequest(Object sender,
EventArgs e) in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\smstore2\Web\App_Code\Global.asax.cs:93

System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +92
completedSynchronously) +64

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET
Version:2.0.50727.42