Tabbing problems within a Frame

sconeek

Hi all,
I have a HTML based web application, which uses 3 frames, a small top
bar, a main middle section and a small bottom bar.
Now the middle bar is a login page with a username (text), password
(text), login (button) and reset (button) form components. Now when the
user visits the page, the cursor focuses on the username field. however
when they press tab, the focus shifts to the login button. i have tried
tabindex, but it just doesnt work. Only if i manually click on the
textfield then on tabbing it goes to password field.
any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
cheers.