Table centers in some cases...

Discussion in 'HTML' started by jodleren, Oct 8, 2008.

  1. jodleren

    jodleren Guest

    Hi

    I have a strange behaviour with the following code. In some cases, in
    IE, the table centers - the text in paragraphs before and after are
    aligned to the left, but the table is centered, so I get a small table
    in the middle... for some reasons, this happens in both IE6 and
    firefox... is there anyway I can force the table to the right?

    WBR
    Sonnich

    jodleren, Oct 8, 2008

  2. jodleren wrote:

    > I have a strange behaviour with the following code.

    It's a fragment of poorly written and even syntactically malformed code.

    > In some cases, in IE, the table centers

    Maybe. You need to post URLs of demo pages to have any useful discussion
    started.

    > is there anyway I can force

    No.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Oct 8, 2008

  3. jodleren

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    jodleren <> wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I have a strange behaviour with the following code. In some cases, in
    > IE, the table centers - the text in paragraphs before and after are
    > aligned to the left, but the table is centered, so I get a small table
    > in the middle... for some reasons, this happens in both IE6 and
    > firefox... is there anyway I can force the table to the right?
    >
    > WBR
    > Sonnich

    Don't put a table in a paragraph, make a proper URL with a strict
    doctype, validate it and then ask detailed questions about the
    validation errors...

    You can float a table right.

    You can make sure the text in the cells are left by

    Of course, the right thing to do is to put such styles in a set of
    instructions in the head or in a separate stylesheet and not inline.

    Perhaps you might find:

    <http://htmldog.com/guides/htmlbeginner/>

    and

    http://htmldog.com/guides/cssbeginner/