    ("Oferta").
    Bardzo dziêkujê za pomoc.
    (MP)

    Ma³y Piotruœ, Jan 22, 2006

  2. Re: <TABLE>: nadmiarowa pusta =?ISO-8859-1?Q?przestrze=F1?=

    Ma³y Piotruœ wrote:
    > http://www.omnikom.pl/wiadomosci.htm
    > Niestety nie rozumiem dlaczego na tej stronie jest nadmiarowy pusty
    > obszar pomi?dzy wyszukiwark? ("Szukaj") a bocznym-lewym menu
    > ("Oferta").

    When one table cell spans multiple rows, and contains enough content to make
    it vertically taller then all the cells that appear in a column across
    those rows, then the extra space is spread out among them.

    This isn't a problem when tables are used for their intended purpose, but
    doesn't look so good when you abuse tables for layout.

    The solution is to stop using tables has a layout hack and switch to a
    presentation language for that job.

    http://allmyfaqs.net/faq.pl?Tableless_layouts

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

    David Dorward, Jan 22, 2006

  3. Ma³y Piotruœ

    Jose Guest

    Re: <TABLE>: nadmiarowa pusta =?ISO-8859-1?Q?przestrze=F1?=

    > When one table cell spans multiple rows, and contains enough content to make
    > it vertically taller then all the cells that appear in a column across
    > those rows, then the extra space is spread out among them.
    >
    > This isn't a problem when tables are used for their intended purpose, but
    > doesn't look so good when you abuse tables for layout.

    Actually, when I use tables for layout, that is the desired result.
    Often the way a cell gets enough content to make it vertically taller is
    that the window is shrunk, which makes the table shrink, which makes the
    cells shrink, which makes the text reflow (desired result), and then to
    keep the layout functionally intact, the other cells get the space.

    The other possible result would be that the layout stays firm, resulting
    in horizontal scrolling, which is a Bad Thing.

    Jose

    Jose, Jan 23, 2006