Table Trouble

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Major Chaser, Oct 12, 2004.

  1. Major Chaser

    Major Chaser Guest

    please look at www.parapoker.com

    I am having trouble getting the horizontal border that seperates the black
    and gray to the height of 3 pixels. I have dreamweaver and golive and
    neither let me make the height of the tables less than what its currently
    at. As you can see the vertical border is correct with a width of 3 pixels.
    Thats the way I want the horizontal border to look. The way I am trying to
    do the border is, I made the border image 5 pixels long and 3 pixels tall
    and I set it as the background so it will repeat all the way to the end of
    the screen. I dont know if that is the best way to do it so If their is a
    better way can you guys please help me.

    Also if you guys could please critique my site I would appreaciate it. This
    is obviously a work in progress, and the menu isnt near done, but im just
    wondering what you guys think of the colors, graphics, and layout.

    Thanks everybody!

    Major Chaser, Oct 12, 2004

  2. Major Chaser

    Eric Biller Guest

    Major Chaser wrote:

    > please look at www.parapoker.com

    I did

    > I am having trouble getting the horizontal border that seperates the black
    > and gray to the height of 3 pixels.

    I didn't see *any* horizontal border at all. Maybe it is because you did not
    correct the path? See: <td height="3" background="file:///D|/chase/website
    images/Border_Hor.gif" bgcolor="#EBEBEB">&nbsp;</td>

    > I have dreamweaver and golive and
    > neither let me make the height of the tables less than what its currently
    > at.

    I worked with neither program. But you mistake is: You trust these apps to
    produce valid code and you have no idea what good code is, haven't you?

    <..snip border stuff..>

    > Also if you guys could please critique my site I would appreaciate it.
    > This is obviously a work in progress,

    First to mention: You don't use frames. That's ok, but you made a serious
    mistake in relying on a table to build you layout. You will get into
    trouble when you add content to your site. Never use a table for layout
    purposes! Furthermore try to write vaild code. Your page validates with
    nine errors. You use attributes which are no longer (or were never)
    HTML-Standard and debugging your page will make you trouble, as these
    attributes will be added again by your editing-apps.

    *Hint*
    Try to get some general information about HTML and CSS. Without general
    knowledge, noone will really help you in this group because we do not
    accept invalid code or misuse of HTML-tags.

    Eric Biller, Oct 12, 2004

  3. Major Chaser

    Karl Core Guest

    "Major Chaser" <> wrote in message
    > please look at www.parapoker.com

    That doesn't look like tabular data to me.

    > Also if you guys could please critique my site I would appreaciate it.

    It is horrible.

    -Karl

    Karl Core, Oct 12, 2004