table webcontrol vs datatable vs datagrid

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?VGltIEsu?=, May 20, 2004.

1. After reading countless articles on these controls, I still don't have a clear direction. I need a control (similar to the Query grid in MS Access) that will hold table and column names selected from a tree control (hierarchical database layout). Some cells will be static controls like checkboxes or drop down lists. None of the data will be bound since it is either static or selected by the user from the tree control

Does a table webcontrol make the most sense for this purpose? The entire control needs to persist across posts so I'm concerned about having to save each cell. A datagrid or datalist works better for this but aren't they designed to be bound to a datasource? I need to drive the control programmatically so I don't think an html table is the best choice. Can checkboxes and drop down lists be added to a table webcontrol fairly easily

Sorry for the length of this note. I really appreciate any suggestions that anyone has along with any examples
    Tim

=?Utf-8?B?VGltIEsu?=, May 20, 2004
    1. Advertising