Tables?

Chuck

OK, I give in. Tell me why some people on this group gasp and throw up
their hands when tables are used? Is there something I don't know
about? Did they decide to remove tables support from the new browsers?

I'm just trying to understand the distaste for tables.

-Chuck. (www.wormspeaker.com)
Spread love and understanding...
but don't be afraid to bloody your knuckles doing it.
-Alex Ross

Cameron

Chuck said:
OK, I give in. Tell me why some people on this group gasp and throw up
their hands when tables are used? Is there something I don't know
about? Did they decide to remove tables support from the new browsers?

I'm just trying to understand the distaste for tables.

-Chuck. (www.wormspeaker.com)
Spread love and understanding...
but don't be afraid to bloody your knuckles doing it.
-Alex Ross

People are complaining because tables were designed for tabular data
rather than page layout, I personally can't see the big deal, done
properly it works, and not all browsers support CSS yet, even the apache
group (www.apache.org) use tables for layout.

~Cameron

Tina - AffordableHOST.com

Chuck said:
OK, I give in. Tell me why some people on this group gasp and throw up
their hands when tables are used? Is there something I don't know
about? Did they decide to remove tables support from the new browsers?

I'm just trying to understand the distaste for tables.

-Chuck. (www.wormspeaker.com)

*puts on asbestos overcoat*

Its not the end of the world if you use tables or if you don't use CSS or if
your site doesn't 100% validate. Check any of the 'big guys' sites
(microsoft, eBay, etc.) and you'll find they don't validate, probably use
tables and have alot of other imperfections. Its like anything geeks
do...they love to argue about THE proper way something should be done. ;-)

*waits for the deluge of comments telling me how horrible my site is*

--Tina

Cameron

Cameron wrote:

People are complaining because tables were designed for tabular data
rather than page layout, I personally can't see the big deal, done
properly it works, and not all browsers support CSS yet, even the apache
group (www.apache.org) use tables for layout.

~Cameron

<trivial>
sorry, the "Apache Software Foundation"
</trivial>

~Cameron

Cameron

Tina said:
*puts on asbestos overcoat*

Its not the end of the world if you use tables or if you don't use CSS or if
your site doesn't 100% validate. Check any of the 'big guys' sites
(microsoft, eBay, etc.) and you'll find they don't validate, probably use
tables and have alot of other imperfections. Its like anything geeks
do...they love to argue about THE proper way something should be done. ;-)

*waits for the deluge of comments telling me how horrible my site is*

--Tina

Actually, not looked at source but your page looks rather good, however